Superhero Game Revamped! New Flight Anim (Update 10-27-16)

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:57 pm

Update: 2-4-16

The game jam wiped my brain and i'm finally starting to ease back into my main project. It hasn't been easy. As far as I can figure, I was working on getting the "fast" flight animations in. I realized that he looked stupid while he was turning and all straightened out, so I figured out a way to determine if he is turning up or down and animate accordingly. Basically, I took the movement angle and converted it to a rotation angle (piggy backing on a lot of conditions set to trigger animations) and compared that against the direction being held on the analog stick. Confused yet? Me too, but I think the theory is sound. So I will be doing a little test soon and finishing the rest of the turning animations. More to come.

Ben

PS - I also added a new head angle. I should probably do more of those.

B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:18 pm

See the second Devlog Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2_BNvwMNzA

Super quick video. Starting to get my flight angles in. I think I've figured out how to get my guy to turn his body as he rotates to his final position. Hoping to do more of these short videos. Please like and subscribe if you'd like to see more. Thanks!

-Ben
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:08 pm

Haven't posted in a really long time, but I still add to the game when I can. Got some new background tiles going for buildings and just worked on this punch combination. Need to work in combo stacking and have it affect some enemies. Hoping to have that soon.

-Ben
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:58 pm

Still following along! Keep it up dude.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:21 am

Hey, I'm also following this! I like all the updates you've been making on your blog. This looks great!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:57 pm

Big thanks to the people who still stop by for updates. I post much more frequently on my facebook and twitter pages.

Anyways, I'm in the middle of getting some flying animations in there. Basically, the most fun stuff that I've been promising for years. Got the player to twist his body on the turn. Once I have it tightened up, I'll do the reverse direction.

Also, did a mockup of a new version of the BG assets. Hoping to geth some tiles made soon because I really think it helps the level "pop" out. More to come.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests