Superhero Game WIP

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:28 am

[QUOTE=ArcadEd] You might look into AnimeStudio as well. From what I have heard, it's great for animating. You add bones to the different limbs and you can animate them based on that.   
[/QUOTE]

Flash also have a bone system :).
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:03 pm

^Any Flash past CS4 does.

Spriter looks to be the best bet.

So what's the gameplay angle?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:23 pm

I was looking to do a cross between a beatemup and Choplifter with a golden age comic aesthetic. The goal is to create situations where the hero would have to save a civilian and get them to safety. Similar game play would include capturing criminals and dropping them off with police officers. I'd also like to pepper in other situations for the player to handle: stop runaway train, put out fires, etc.

In a perfect world, I would create a whole city where the random events could happen. For example: Your character hears a window washer yell for help while dangling from his platform. You fly to that point of the level but as you get there he falls. You catch the civilian in mid air and deliver him safely to the ground/nearby-ambulance.

Stuff like that.

As far as Flash's bone tool, I've definitely looked into it and think it could be a huge benefit.

B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:07 pm

Nice ideas, using flash you can use all the power of Adobe Flash and export it in frames after the job, separated or the whole animations.

I learned very much decompiling Castle and Crashers from XBOX, they did the game in flash with inputs in C++, like you're doing.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:06 pm

yeah, good stuff. My next project will definitely need some animation and I'm also a fan of fluid animation in 2D games. I have an ActRaiser-esque prototype I'm working on that is definitely going to require this, was going to wait for Spriter to be CS2 ready before I jump into that.
B
S

Post » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:49 pm

I thought that Spriter outputed the frames of animation as separate images. Does it import the entire bone animation into the program and just rotate the images? I might need to better research it.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:08 pm

[QUOTE=sman118] I thought that Spriter outputed the frames of animation as separate images. Does it import the entire bone animation into the program and just rotate the images? I might need to better research it.[/QUOTE]

For sure in parts, you can export the entire robot, for example, like a GIF animation, or, export each part and mount inside the C2, but you'll be able to bone them only when Spriter plugin get read.

Search for Spriter plugin and you'll know what I'm talking about.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:59 pm

Its been a long time since I posted any updates to the game. I've been moving along mostly with concept stuff, but I was able to get some of the rough controls into the game. I still need to add more options to the flight controls and add the "catch mechanic". Regardless, Construct 2 is an amazing piece of software that I completely recommend to anyone wanting to start creating videogames and is intimidated by coding (basically me).

Test out my extremely rough prototype here: Superhero Test 11-9-12

Controls: Arrows to move. F to toggle Flying

Check out my blog for more updates: Need Your Disease

sman1182012-11-09 21:01:41
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:25 pm

Added a quick screen shot of the some art assets and a building template into the game. See on original post and view more updates at NeedYourDisease.com
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:30 pm

I like the theme!
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Creations