Superhero Game WIP

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:08 pm

Haven't posted much here in a while, but I'm definitely still moving along when I can. My major problem is my inability to finish one aspect. I'm constantly growing bored and jumping from one game aspect to another. Anyways, I'm fleshing out a lift animation currently. I want to be able to pick up local objects and throw them at enemies. Speaking of enemies, I'm designing a robot character (below) that I plan on building and animating in Spriter. I'm excited by the possibilities of that program for my enemies. You can see all of this and more over at my blog: Need Your Disease

B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:32 pm

looking really good. can't wait to see more
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:39 pm

Thanks @notiongames ! I've been following your Youtube channel and seeing all of your pencil tests and prototypes has been just the motivation I needed.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:55 pm

@Sman118
Really great progress so far! Had a lot of fun throwing that green guy around lol. Noticed a number of bugs, but I am sure you are aware of them.
Excited to see when you get more out!

My only concern would be with the art direction of the hero, might run into trouble with him looking pretty much exactly like Superman if you try to produce the game in any fashion.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:31 am

thanks, @dannyzigg . The game is still very early, so it is chock full of bugs. As far as the Superman thing, the generic nature of the costume is suppossed to be a story element, the chest piece is an orb, and the power set is different. I'm hoping that's enough to distinguish, but I'm getting that comment enough that I might change the hair color or add another element to change it up.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:21 pm

This has been on my "to-do" list for a long time and I've never gotten around to it. Well that all changes now!...hopefully. The game still has a lot of placeholder art in there. It isn't too surprising because everything is still early on, but those sketches I have in there for flying really bug me. Its about time I fixed those up.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:16 am

Art looks great, if your trying to distinguish him from Superman, what about bracelets and/or a small,thin headband below the hairline to match the orb on his chest. The Orb could even pulsate. Just a couple of thoughts. Regardless the idea is solid! Keep it up
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:59 pm

Thanks, @MelVin . I've been thinking about some kind of bracelet and maybe a change in hair color. Just something I can easily change to the existing sprites. Glad you are liking it though.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:44 pm

Decided to finally bite the bullet and work on some kind of tweak to the character design. I've changed the hair to brown and added gauntlets to play into a motif I have for the game. I'm thinking of adding the ability to deflect energy with them. At the moment I'm leaning towards the design to the right, but we'll see. I'm going to start doing a lot of animating here in a bit and I need to have the new design locked down.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:53 pm

Looks great He blends well into the different backgrounds.
"Construct 4 lets YOU make advanced games! (maybe)" Construct Classic - Examples Kit
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Creations