Supporting new iPhone X and S8 aspect ratio?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Create your game with this complete pack of images and animations!
  • Hi,

I was wondering how can I support the new phones (e.g. Iphone X or S8) aspect ratio (19.5:9 and 18.5:9) for my games?

I am currently using Scale Inner and I have made my layout much bigger than the window size. It has worked for me well for ipad (4:3), iphone (16:9) and many other android phones.

But when I try my game on the new iPhoneX, it is just not taking up the whole IphoneX screen.

Did I miss out anything here?

Any idea/advice is much appreciated.

Julian Lee

• Better use Scale Outer mode.

• Thanks for the reply.

I have tried Scale Outer as well, but the overall screen of my App is still not occupying the whole Iphone X screen.

Did you manage to get your app taking the whole screen of Iphone X?

Thanks.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I think you need to add viewport-fit=cover to the meta viewport tag.

• I think you need to add viewport-fit=cover to the meta viewport tag.

Thanks Ashley, I will try that out.

I also read from Apple Developer website that to enable full screen resolution, my project need to set base SDK to iOS 11 and I have to have a Launch Storyboard or iPhone X launch image.

I will look into that.

• I have tried Scale Outer as well, but the overall screen of my App is still not occupying the whole Iphone X screen.

I am not testing on iPhoneX yet but im interested to see how scale outer looks becouse i am using it.

Care to share screenshot please?

Thanx!

• I'd also be interested to see a screenshot, I'm getting reports my game isn't working correctly on the Iphone X.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)