Surface Pro Pen Support

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:22 am

I have been experimenting using Construct 2 mouse-less with just the pen of a Surface Pro 2 and it works almost perfectly except for right click, which you must hold down the pen to bring up a drop down menu, but doesn't work in Construct 2. Interestingly enough I can double tap an object name to put it in rename mode, hold down the surface pen until it shows the circle indicating that it will do a right click when I lift the pen, then drag it to where I would like to right click such as an event sheet, lift the pen, and the right click menu will appear properly. Is this something that is easy to fix? or time consuming to develop? By the way I love Construct 2 and am using it over Unity since the Unity program doesn't respond to pen or touch on windows tablets.
B

Post » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:45 pm

Construct 2 attaches normal context menu events. Is the surface pen actually designed to fire context menu events or does it do something else?
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:45 pm

I'm not sure, the touch gesture for right-click behaves the same way, no response.

Did some snooping and found this link, not sure if it applies http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b0def7d4-4b08-48d2-bb2d-d0e48c38e682/surfacecontextmenu-how?forum=surfaceappdevelopment
B

Post » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:17 am

I am also having the same issue. I love using Construct 2 on my Surface Pro 2, but the lack of proper right-click on the pen makes it very difficult. Any chance this can be fixed? Please?
Play Ball Walker App Store | Google Play | Amazon
B
S

Return to Construct 2 General