Surfer Saga

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:43 pm

So, for my second game, I really wanted to make a mobile spinoff of Pikachu's Beach from Pokemon Yellow.
Naturally, since I already had some code from Glider Rush, I thought I would see what I could really do with an auto-runner style game that wasn't flappy bird clone X.

Surfer Saga
(Since I can't post URLs, just search this in the play store)

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.surfers.sparkinc

Capture2.PNG

Was pretty happy with this one.
Not sure why the hell I wanted to use a Fly for the surfer, but meh, don't think it's been done before.
Every again is pretty much hand drawn. Music is custom. Backgrounds are stock images, but I haven't made a final decision on what to do with those yet.
The ending scene was something I loved doing. Although I want to go back and start from a wider board instead of a square canvas.

Anyway, enjoy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:47 am

Hey, this game looks like it has some good potential! Can you please send me the mobile web version to my email address "[email protected]" and I will see, if we would like to buy a sponsorship for it :)

Thx!
B
S

Post » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:08 pm

I'll send it here in a bit, glad you like it.
I have some more I want to add to add, but that's time management more than ability.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:18 pm

Yeah, sure - just send it to my email: "[email protected]"
thx!
B
S

Post » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:45 pm

Do you have this posted online anywhere that we can try through a website? Truthfully, I'm being lazy and my phone isn't within reach right now.
Kurieus
Come visit and play Blast Box!
B
S

Post » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:12 pm

I don't actually, I had to recompile for Andre's request to include some things I cut out, but I'll put up a demo on my dropbox shortly
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:37 pm

Wow cool ! , I have downloaded now to my HTC One
How long it takes too make a game like that ?

Salute,

Sero
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:59 pm

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19655838/Surf/index.html
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:07 pm

@sero

It took more time to measure turning and what to do with the waves than anything.
I actually had a ton of fun making this game. One thing I have gotten very comfortable with is WebStorage. I also learned some great things about Layouts, and keeping it to a minimum.

The game overall took me about two flat weeks. But that was including my Sys Admin job, as well as time with my gf and video game playing :)

I would say, hour wise...maybe less than 24 actual hours put into it.

There are some things I would like to add, such as a leaderboard, and clean up some graphics. Maybe add a multiplayer mode. It's on a list of things to add, but first I want to finish the next game I'm working on...so soon
B
S
G

Return to Completed Creations