[Survey] Your average "developer" time in a week.

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:09 pm

DUTOIT wrote:@Fimbul,

Reported. Your comments are unacceptable. Calling people a liar is not cool.

Now you're reporting me to moderators because you disagree? You wish to censor my comments? That's what's not cool.
Also where did I call him a liar? I said specifically that I didn't believe him. And I don't: extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, and a sustained 122 hour workweek is an extraordinary claim that, unless backed up by evidence (and no, your anecdotal "evidences" don't count) simply cannot be lent credibility.

Let's revise the rules to see which ones I broke:
  • Your fellow members should be treated with respect at all times. I wasn't disrespectful. I specifically avoided insults. I only called into question his claim. In fact, I'm being so respectful that I'm concerned for his health.
  • Disagreements are common, but you should always make an effort to resolve them in a polite manner. Have I not done so? There's a difference between politeness and mindless acceptance.
  • The following activities are prohibited:Flaming Not really applicable. It should be sufficiently clear that my intent isn't to derail the thread or cause drama
  • Personal attacks Attacking claims isn't the same as attacking people. Argumentum ad rem is the opposite of Argumentum ad hominem.
  • The General Rule: Don't be a jerk. This is subjective. I don't see how I'm being a jerk.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:01 pm

Thank you @DUTOIT but its ok. He just got under my skin because I have been arguing with the wife over that very matter. But otherwise he's entitled "think" what he likes. Just caught me off guard and bad timing.
[b]Andrew Donelson[b]
Nlaak Studios, LLC
https://www.nlaak.com/
[email protected]
B
S

Post » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:16 pm

Shrug, dont argue on the internet guys, closed.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Open Topic