[Survey] Your average "developer" time in a week.

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Time rewind like in "Braid". Choose objects that will be affected by time rewind

I've been wondering how much time you guys spent (or more accurately "have") to develop or using C2 within a week in average? I'll start with mine, please follow the format if possible .

[quote:wwurxww6]

Format

Have a day job: [yes/no] ##hours

Average time spent developing in a week: ##hours

My answer:

Have a day job: [yes] 8hours

Average time spent developing in a week: 27hours (roughly, but I believe procrastination took 40% of it )

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

Have a day job: yes, 10 hours

Average time spent developing in a week: ~5 hours.

Have a day job: No, I own a few business. (12 hours)

Average time spent developing in a week: 35 hours

Have a day job: kindoff, i make onlineshops as a freelancer (20 hours/week)

Average time spent developing in a week: 10-20 hours, depends on how much i do for university

Have a day job: yes, 40+ hours?

Average time spent developing in a week: 10-20?

Have a job yes: 122ish hrs wk

Average Time Spent developing in a week: approx 75hrs

eh what the hell

Have a job yes: 9hr day

Average Time Spend...... on C2: These days about 14 which also includes doing art for C2 stuff.

Have a day job: Yes, 7 hours

Average time spent developing in a week: 30 hours roughly

Have a day job: 9ish hours a day

Average time spent developing in a week: between 20-30 hours.

Have a job yes: 122ish hrs wk

Average Time Spent developing in a week: approx 75hrs

You work almost 20hrs per day? I'm sorry I don't believe you.

Anyway here's my stats:

Have a day job: yes 10hrs/day

Average time spent developing in a week: ~2

Have a day job: No

Average time spent developing in a week: 72 hours (12 hours a day, from 12pm to 12am with a day off (Sunday) - this is essentially my day job and passion in one, so I spend as much time as I can on it!)

Fimbul I could care less what you believe. he asked i responded. Your welcome to ask my wife. An its right at 18 hrs a day and that include sales, marketing, developing, finances, etc.

Fimbul I could care less what you believe. he asked i responded. Your welcome to ask my wife. An its right at 18 hrs a day and that include sales, marketing, developing, finances, etc.

So you work 18hrs every day, no weekends, with only 6 hours of sleep per day, not counting commute time?

Also, you stated that you spend 75 hours per week developing with construct 2, which is more work than everyone else in the thread spends with their full-time jobs. You also said you're the CEO and work with sales, marketing, developing, finances (which you presumably do in the remaining 47hrs of the week). You also have a wife (so either you spend zero time with her, you don't need to sleep, or she works with you).

If you truly do work these hours, stop. This is unhealthy. You're [literally] killing yourself.

i do, i have since october 2012, no commute, work out of the house as stated in another thread and use 5 developers out of india when i need to contract work out via oDesk. I'll back-off when I don't have to work that much to feed the family, Plus, I am passionate about it and do not want to go back to work for another company. i turn down 2-3 jobs a month. And that an average of what I do (source my project management spreadsheet) over the last 2 years. I do take some time off once in while. but I do only sleep 6 hours a day and im fine with it because I'm doing something I love and the time just flies by. Pisses the wife off most the time. Anyway I'm done with this topic, Im working on a high scores tutorial for another member.

> Have a job yes: 122ish hrs wk

> Occupation: CEO/Lead Developer

> Average Time Spent developing in a week: approx 75hrs

>

You work almost 20hrs per day? I'm sorry I don't believe you.

I used to work 20 hours a day. You going to call be a liar too?

Top execs work these hours - I know many. Who are you to say otherwise.

says he is a CEO/Lead Developer, that tells me that 18+ hours is completely believable.

If you are going to call someone a liar, best have supporting facts to back your accusation. Assumptions count for naught. Best to say nothing.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)