Survive The Day

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Wed May 24, 2017 3:09 pm

Getting closer to releasing something for Survive The Day: A game to survive the boring but real ordeals people face everyday in their office jobs.

Can walk around the office as-is here: https://www.loubagel.com/survive-the-day/

Some screenshots:

The plan is to release one level at a time playable on my website for free. Side project and not money hungry on it, so just looking to gain some experience, maybe a few fans, and some feedback so maybe one day I can make something more sell-able.

If interested stay tuned on this thread or click on my profile to follow me other ways!
Last edited by badmoodtaylor on Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 25, 2017 4:33 am

where's the link?
~ it was hard to make it easy ~

project:

Naked Shooter:

https://www.scirra.com/arcade/multiplay ... oter-18134

https://youtu.be/mDzterC_yXE

Next Shooter:

https://www.scirra.com/arcade/multiplay ... oter-18917

bitcoin wallet: 1Jjug6HASeL82XsBDzrN7Uzh4Bt3vdwPbH
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 25, 2017 5:18 am

emoticon wrote:where's the link?

No link yet, stay tuned!
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 26, 2017 6:07 pm

I work an office job (see username) and I'm looking forward to this! What program do you use for your pixel art?
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 27, 2017 8:51 pm

corporatedrone wrote:I work an office job (see username) and I'm looking forward to this! What program do you use for your pixel art?

Glad to hear and thanks for commenting!

I use GIMP mostly (it's free if you aren't aware). But Aseprite is awesome (like $15-$20 but definitely worth it). I just got so much done in GIMP, like templates for the character animations, before I found out about Aseprite. Looking forward to starting out using Aseprite on future projects.

Definitely targeting people that work in offices and deal with all the silly frustrations that come with it—annoying co-workers, printer issues, endless coffee runs just to escape for a minute, etc.

What about you? What is your biggest frustration in your office? Or something a co-worker does that drives you crazy?

Be warned! Your response could be used as material for the game... :shock:
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 28, 2017 2:29 am

A neat concept with great sprite work to back it up. Excellent.
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 28, 2017 3:58 am

Fradno wrote:A neat concept with great sprite work to back it up. Excellent.

Thanks!

gif I just recorded of turning on some computers:

ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 28, 2017 12:36 pm

badmoodtaylor wrote:
corporatedrone wrote:I work an office job (see username) and I'm looking forward to this! What program do you use for your pixel art?

Glad to hear and thanks for commenting!

I use GIMP mostly (it's free if you aren't aware). But Aseprite is awesome (like $15-$20 but definitely worth it). I just got so much done in GIMP, like templates for the character animations, before I found out about Aseprite. Looking forward to starting out using Aseprite on future projects.

Definitely targeting people that work in offices and deal with all the silly frustrations that come with it—annoying co-workers, printer issues, endless coffee runs just to escape for a minute, etc.

What about you? What is your biggest frustration in your office? Or something a co-worker does that drives you crazy?

Be warned! Your response could be used as material for the game... :shock:

Yeah I was looking into Aseprite. I currently use Pixaki on my iPad Pro.

As for my biggest office frustrations: Pointless meetings every week, people having the same conversations everyday (seriously), performance reviews, long commute time to and from work, co-workers constantly talking about retirement, long hours, supervisors who micromanage, people talking about losing weight but staying the same all year, pretending to be "busy" so I don't get in trouble, people stinking up the office with their food during lunch time, long wait time to use the microwave during lunch time, out of state business meetings, endless conference calls,
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 29, 2017 7:53 pm

Awesome graphics and mechanics!
You have potential to create a social game like Habbo. And other games!
Also, the camera position is incredible.
My Bitcoin address: 1NG9VKTZzA3patBrWySA4qRWcuKyYkhtfc
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 30, 2017 7:23 pm

@DaniellMesquito Thanks for the comments! Never heard of Habbo before but I'll take a look to see what you mean.

@corporatedrone I was about to respond excitedly to your comments, as it is inspiring material, but then realized it is your life :x I've been there before—sucks! ...username checks out though...
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Next

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests