Swap Objects

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:11 pm

Is it possible to include a new event sheet feature called swap objects? If I want to swap between 2 objects, the replace object is useless. When I replace A with B, then all objects become B.So, I cant make initial A to become B since all objects become B already.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:35 pm

@StormHo, I have a hard time trying to understand what you really want.

"Replace" only replaces on the rows you have selected. If you want to swap Spriteobject A for spriteObject B on two "rows" in the event sheet then select those two rows by holding ctrl and then press "R" and do the swap. Only if you do ctrl+A and "R" all instances will be swapped to B.

But I'm guessing you know all of this all ready, it's the last sentence you wrote that I can't wrap my head around: "So, I cant make initial A to become B since all objects become B already." please try to explain that again preferable by example.

Good luck!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:33 pm

@OneMuppet
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:23 pm

Ok, I get it now :) but swapping those two would not do you any good of course, but maybe there is other scenarios that would benefit from a "Swap" action?

What is your exact scenario?

A OnCollision with B or
B OnCollision with A
will do the same
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:57 pm

There are situations where needed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S
G

Return to Construct 2 General