Swing Copters clones, share in here!

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:53 pm

Anonnymitet wrote:If you are asking me I used this set up. The "kimspeed" is set to 700 in my game.

I used a global variable/bolean that toggles every touch on screen. So if left is true if goes left else it goes to the right :)

movement.png

thats is simple move left / right by touch the screen
but if you see the swing copter particularity that when you change direction, there is a little decceleration effect that make the game difficult and addictif then , in the same game , you have to avoid obstacles and by touching the screen not on any moments , but on special moment that make the player not colloide with the obstacles or you die :D
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:04 pm

matrixreal wrote:
Anonnymitet wrote:If you are asking me I used this set up. The "kimspeed" is set to 700 in my game.

I used a global variable/bolean that toggles every touch on screen. So if left is true if goes left else it goes to the right :)

movement.png

thats is simple move left / right by touch the screen
but if you see the swing copter particularity that when you change direction, there is a little decceleration effect that make the game difficult and addictif then , in the same game , you have to avoid obstacles and by touching the screen not on any moments , but on special moment that make the player not colloide with the obstacles or you die :D

I know. I didn't enjoy swing copters and don't know anyone who do so I didn't put so much time on the clone. But if you want to include the swing effect you can do this by messing with the angle of the sprite on tap or by using sine.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:42 pm

Here is an example using sine. It is not perfect but with this method and some tweaking you should be able to recreate the exact feeling of swing copters :)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/100 ... Swing.capx
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:44 pm

I've just published my clone / variation Swingy Angie on Google Play and Opera Store. I'm waiting for approval on three other appstores.
My first game, Swingy Angie, available now on
Google Play and Opera Store

Let us honor the desire to work, for it is a movable holiday occuring up to three times a year.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:28 pm

I made one too, with Doge... It's a way easier than the original

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... dogecopter
B

Post » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:36 am

your swing copter is better than the original , no offense, but original is little hard for me that's why @Silverforce

I installed both the version your and original some days before and when I played them, your version was good. Like it.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:17 am

My Kim Jong Jetpack was accepted on the app store now even though I thought it would be rejected because of the theme. But it wasn't so that makes it my first official app on the app store ;D Actually it's not a clone, just a game with the same mechanics and it got almost 100 downloads in a day and I haven't even used a single word or anything to resemble it to swing copters and haven't mentioned it anywhere.

So that was pretty good for 3-4 hours of work :P

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/kim-jon ... &ls=1&mt=8
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:08 pm

I have my "Highway Drive" in Play since August. It was simple car traffic game but I have added a new gamemode - "Swing Cars", so I hope it will be interesting for you!

Can't post urls. But you can find it: "com.sdgames.highwaydrive"
B

Previous

Return to Completed Creations