System on load troubles

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Create complex dialogues with ease with this tool/template!
  • First of all, hi. Well I'm new on these here forums, so a obligatory hi is the first thing one does... Hmm, this is my second post though

Anyways, after having a look at search and the wiki I was not able to find the solution to my troubles.

I've been working on Construct a bit and have my first idea up and running. However one thing I wasn't able to get working is the system on load event. I need it to get the initial state of the game going. Now I'm using a workaround of checking opacity of active objects, but that is not what I want to use in the final draft. All of it is quite placeholder and this opacity change was just a nice indicator to use for now.

So yeah, with that out of the way. Where should this system on load actually occur. Currently I have it set up in a second even sheet, which I include in the main layout/even sheet. Isn't it possible to use system on load in an included even sheet?

Note:

It seems I posted it in the wrong forum initially

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I need it to get the initial state of the game going.

On load does not trigger at game start, but after having loaded a save file. If that is what you want, you should be able to use it by doing a Load from disk (or Quickload) followed by on load.

• > I need it to get the initial state of the game going.

>

On load does not trigger at game start, but after having loaded a save file. If that is what you want, you should be able to use it by doing a Load from disk (or Quickload) followed by on load.

Aha, I see where I went wrong with this. I was comparing it to Flash's on load event. I need to use Start of layout instead to init things (on load ) and on load is and external loader...

Thanks for that piece of info!

• I wasn't sure if you were looking for "Start of layout" or if there are issues with "on load". That's why my answer was cautious

Yes, you're right, "Start of layout" is what you are looking for. Using it makes sure all expressions and subevents will be executed at the very first tick of the layout.

...And welcome to the forums

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)