Tablet Pressure Testing via Python

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:49 am

[quote="newt":10rnze7x]You cant draw to the Construct window. At least thats the way I understand it.[/quote:10rnze7x]

Silly banana! Is Canvas so easily forgotten?

You can draw all sorts of things.

[quote="Vrav":10rnze7x]I've only had one friend try it, though, so if anyone with a tablet wants to help - it's rather featureless, but - here is a 7z and a zip of the test application. They are identical. In reality, people without tablets should be able to test it as well. If it's all bundled correctly, it should not pop up any errors when loading the exe.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/398143/Files/PressureTest.zip (1,906 KB)[/quote:10rnze7x]

It works! Reads my tablet pressure just fine and dandy.

You should change the thread title to "Tablet pressure test in Python" if you want more people to try it... the current title is rather ambiguous.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:18 pm

I get repeated error windows until I close the window =(

The error is:
[quote:3d9w9s8c]traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 8, in <module>
IndexError: list index out of range[/quote:3d9w9s8c]
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:32 am

[quote="madster":at1myrds]I get repeated error windows until I close the window =([/quote:at1myrds]

Same here. I get the same errors that can't be closed out until I close out the app.

I haven't gotten a chance to mess with the new and improved Python except to confirm that now just plain Python without external libraries works correctly.

[quote="Vrav":at1myrds]If you are going to bundle libraries and such accessed by your python scripts in your own project, but aren't writing all your imported scripts from scratch (such as wintab, which communicates with tablet drivers), you may need to fiddle with the directory context of the various 'import' calls within the scripts.[/quote:at1myrds]

I see what you are getting at with this. Hopefully, there will be a more integrated/automated way though because this is far from straightforward and the changes in a large external library that would have to be made would go really deep.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:34 am

I get the same endless errors as Madster and Scidave.

Krush.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:35 am

What tablets do you guys own (if any)?
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:08 am

Mine's a Wacom Graphire, model CTE-430.

And as previously mentioned, your test works fine. I do have vanilla Python installed, but no other libraries.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:06 am

The test works perfectly for me using a Wacom Instuos3 A4.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:18 am

I don't have a tablet, but I was assuming based on an earlier post that this would work fine without one.

Also, I don't have Python installed.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:56 pm

[quote="Vrav":2dieydpk]What tablets do you guys own (if any)?[/quote:2dieydpk]
I use the Trust TB-4200 A4 work area ([url:2dieydpk]http://www.trust.com/products/product.aspx?artnr=14070[/url:2dieydpk])
Works fine with Photoshop, using pressure levels for thickness/fade/colour etc.

In fact, I've never found a program that doesn't work with the pressure level feature of this tablet, so I don't know what it could be.

Probably nothing to do with the tablet, and will end up being something else system specific.
Scidave's post about not having a tablet suggests this.

BTW, I do have a Python environment installed, which is used regularly outside of Construct(I must get around to using it more in Construct).

Krush.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:00 pm

[quote="KrushBrother":oj1gbjtd]In fact, I've never found a program that doesn't work with the pressure level feature of this tablet, so I don't know what it could be[/quote:oj1gbjtd]

I've never heard of that brand. Maybe it's drivers do something weird and non-standard in order to run the device. It could be that the Python library being used just doesn't support it. I dunno, just a guess.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic