Take a look at the RunRabbitRun!

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:59 am

Looks good! I'll give it a try! :)

Bugs/Problems/Other:
- Spelling: Tryes: should be Tries:
- Spelling: Sores: should be Score: (In my opinion)
- Snowflakes could be more "snowflake-like". And they bounce wierdly of the ground.
Jonsterz2013-02-08 08:07:22
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:25 pm

[QUOTE=Whiteclaws] Nice Graphics , Good Music , That's meat boy succesor ![/QUOTE]
Oh, thanks a lot! Strong words. I'm impressed =)
[QUOTE=lemo] Oh nice graphics
The level designs are good but the UI doesn't look as polished
You could try with different fonts as well[/QUOTE]

All of grafic has been created by my girlfriend, Yana. She helps me to develop the game and we are want to change the hud in future. By the way, she is said "thanks" to you in skype =)

[QUOTE=Jonsterz] Looks good! I'll give it a try! :)

Bugs/Problems/Other:
- Spelling: Tryes: should be Tries:
- Spelling: Sores: should be Score: (In my opinion)
- Snowflakes could be more "snowflake-like". And they bounce wierdly of the ground.
[/QUOTE]
Yep, I know about some issues with speling, I need to improve my skills in English. I'll fix it and snowflakes in nearest future. Thaks for this, Jonsterz!mikeOstaff2013-02-08 16:37:22
B
S

Post » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:11 pm

Nice! Graphics/music is good, gameplay is like SMB, but that's what you went for so it's ok.
The one problem I had (at least in the demo) is responsiveness of controls. Maybe it's just specific for me but it seemed like everything was lagging. e.g. when I run and jump (in the level with big straight run followed by big jump), I have to press jump almost a full screen earlier than the edge to actually manage to jump and not just fall straight into the spikes.
When I actually do jump (a bit too early was the case) the graphic shows me going straight for the saw, and then as I hit it I am magically transported up onto the safe ground as if I jumped the pit properly.
I noticed this on many occasions - I tend to fall into a pit before actually reaching the edge of it, and jump across one safely even when it is obvious that I shouldn't (that I was too short with my jump).

Maybe it's a glitch on a slower computer/browser (I was on Chrome, but my comp here is nothing much), but if it were just laggy graphics my jumping trajectory would still be proper, just with skipped frames. Instead, it felt "moved", as if my actual jump was always a bit (sometimes a big bit) shifted in comparison to what the graphics showed.
Again, if it's just me, don't worry, but if others see it too it might be worth testing a bit on a lower performance machine.
quetzy2013-02-08 21:13:25
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:32 pm

Thanks for your reply quetzy,
I have seen a similar problem when the game has been under the testing on low-perfomance machine, but this issue never occur on middle or high-perfomance mashines.
It's seems that the coordinates of Rabbit does not correctly considered in case of some lagging.
In other hand, it's an issue with optimization. I'll try to found solution for this issue, but I cannot be sure on 100% that I'll found the root cause.

What kind of VGA do you use? mikeOstaff2013-02-08 22:43:05
B
S

Post » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:09 pm

[QUOTE=mikeOstaff]And I'm want to know you opinion about music.[/QUOTE]

The music is fine, and the menus selections sounds and little fx as that works well.

In general, its a nice game, with nice graphics and lot of little nice details.
In the other hand, I think it still needs some more little work with some details (such the running the animation speed, a change on the animations when you reach the end of the stage, ...). Dont get angry with me, its very easy to critic, I know, haha, Im only giving my opinion and how I think you can improve it (even more!).
Anyway, I want to congrat you because its a nice game, dont worry :).
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:22 pm

Thanks for reply sirLobito,
Any critic will be useful for us cos it's our first game, we did not develop the games before. And the critic is the best way to improve us skills as game developers =)
Thanks once again!mikeOstaff2013-02-09 14:25:11
B
S

Post » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:34 pm

Wow, a grrrreeeat Game!! Nice graphics and sounddesign! I love the texture over the backround, i only had one bug where the sound would play twice overlapping itself. But again: great game!
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:32 pm

Not a bad game, although it does feel like a SMB knockoff at this point.
Looking forward to following releases and I'm curious to see some new, innovative game mechanics :)
B
S

Previous

Return to Completed Creations