taking suggestions for 'construct++' plugin

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:15 pm

for anyone curious (if indeed there is anyone)
the status of the plugin
so far, you are able to create, and access customized objects through a specialized notation
custom type creation will be a feature primarily for advanced users
it gives you alot of power, but it also requires extra care to keep your things in order
but as of now
you can do things like this (these features are already implemented and working)

create template "character"
add string "name" to {"template","character"}
add number "hitpoints" to {"template","character"}
set {"template","character","hitpoints"} to 100
add object "charactersprite" to {"template","character"}
add objectarray "inventory" to {"template","character"}

create superarray "party"
add 5 "character"s to party
add string "affiliation" to "party"

{"party",0,"name"} = "johnathon"
add object (applesprite) to {"party",0,"inventory"}
add object (woodenplanksprite) to {"party",0,"inventory"}

I will be adding shortcuts as well, so you can use 1 word to refer to a long address like
shortcut "mainweapon" = {"party",0,"inventory",global('currentweapon')}

EDIT:Shortcuts working, including shortcuts to shortcuts, and shortcuts to templates
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:15 pm

Let it be known that this shall be epic to the nth degree. Gentlemen, prepare yourself for awesome. In light of such news, my mustache has received a proper combing. Grand day, sir.

Awesome work lucid. :mrgreen:
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:25 pm

I thank you, and Plank thanks you as well.
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:55 am

Awesome work Lucid. I'm really looking forward to this plugin. I couldn't think of any suggestions, because what you already proposed earlier for a plugin with inventory, etc seemed amazing enough.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:22 am

[quote:2uubvdu7]"for anyone curious (if indeed there is anyone)"[/quote:2uubvdu7]indeed!

some of you advanced users may be able to do some beautiful stuff with this. will be nice to see.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:26 am

I apologize to those I said I'd have an alpha release for today
took a little longer than expected, plus there's really no point in trying to release this without tutorials
so, without an ETA, let me just say it's almost ready (the alpha that is)
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:37 am

ok, the alpha is complete
if I think of anything simple between now and tomorrow, or I notice any simple bugs I will try to correct them

This plugin won't make much sense without a tutorial
so I will be putting one together as quickly as possible
and posting that along with the alpha some time in the next few days, hopefully today (Oct7)

This plugin serves 4 main functions. The first 2 are mostly complete in the alpha, all that remains is tweaks to streamline the workflow, and whatever comes up in this alpha test. The other 2 are not complete, and so not included in this alpha release.

[list=1:1auq70mb][*:1auq70mb]To enable creation and manipulation of data structures, called supers, which enable unified conceptual organization of data, object instances, and object types.
For instance, one could create a thing called a "party"(a super), which has a "name" (string), a "rating" (number), and contains an array of "characters" (array of supers). Each "character" has "hitpoints"(number), a "name"(string), an "inventory"(array of object types),"armor"(super), and a "weapon"(super). Each "weapon" consists of "strength"(number), "name"(string),and "sprite"(object). Any array can have data overwritten, inserted, or removed at any point in the array. Also ready for the alpha the ability to save and load the entire hierarchy in an encrypted format.
[/*:m:1auq70mb]
[*:1auq70mb]To allow unlimited control in picking. the ability to loop through, pick, unpick, toggle, pick only, or pick all of any object instance or type stored, and the ability to perform this picking as either the original object or as a family
[*:1auq70mb]To enable python to be used with the (SOL)picking system in construct
[*:1auq70mb]To augment the math functions already included in construct with more math functions, and also to integrate math functions into the data structure system to allow operations to be conducted on arrays of data, or applied to arrays of objects(such as interpolating the positions an angles of an array of objects with a single action). Also, expressions that can be applied to arrays of data for a single answer, such as an average of numbers, or a concatenation of strings. One function is included in this release - Seeded Random [/*:m:1auq70mb][/list:o:1auq70mb]
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:05 am

I... I... I want to have your baby!
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:56 am

so will that picking thing be any good for families with containers?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:49 am

[quote="alspal":2h3srwan]so will that picking thing be any good for families with containers?[/quote:2h3srwan]
It means you won't really need families or containers. You can pick however you want. It kinda makes the pairer plugin obsolete.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct Classic Discussion