Awesome game. My favourite part is YOU DEAD :D
B
G

Post » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:42 pm

IMO:
Sprites are shit
Usage of windows bars is a bit useless
Placement of text is useless.

Good concept , but the content isn't... well , perfect. It will do , but just not... proper.
B
G

Post » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:31 pm

[quote="Instant":ilfb6in2]IMO:
Sprites are s**t
[/quote:ilfb6in2]

How is the usage of the windows bars "a bit useless"? Yeah, it would be better if the bars for health started full and gradually reduced as damage is dealt... but they would only be useless if they did nothing at all.

And how is the placement of the text useless? It could be easier to read but they tell you exactly what each bar represents. It's not like they say "potato" and "lemmings".

:?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:35 pm

[quote="Instant":3aylpdsg]Sprites are s**t
[/quote:3aylpdsg]
It's much more constructive to say what a user can improve than to hammer their work with insults.

IMO the game looks far from complete, and could use a lot more work. The graphics aren't great (it's safe to say that they can be considered bad..), and windows ui buttons have no place in a game. The tank turrets still have white around them from the white background they were on.. you should cut them out a bit better. Maybe i'm being too picky... I just like a game to have it's own style.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:42 pm

[quote="Davioware":2t8q0odk][quote="Instant":2t8q0odk]Sprites are s**t
[/quote:2t8q0odk]
It's much more constructive to say what a user can improve than to hammer their work with insults.

IMO the game looks far from complete, and could use a lot more work. The graphics aren't great (it's safe to say that they can be considered bad..), and windows ui buttons have no place in a game. The tank turrets still have white around them from the white background they were on.. you should cut them out a bit better. Maybe i'm being too picky... I just like a game to have it's own style.[/quote:2t8q0odk]
That's basically what I meant .
B
G

Post » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:07 pm

Then that's what you should say ;)

I'm very much a proponent of constructive criticism. Tell what you like about the game, as well as what you don't like. Point out what could be improved, and offer advice for improving it. Just posting a couple slams and moving on is bad form.

And saying things like "such and such is shit" is really bad form. We're all here to help each other out, not put each other down.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:50 pm

Yeah and don't be the pot calling the kettle black either. Sure it's not sprite rips, but I couldn't draw tanks like that when I started using Klik & Play many ages back. It's not about the art but about the implementation.

The health bars seem to look like i'm GAINING health when damaged. That threw me off. I gained to full health then I dead.
B
S
G

Return to Your Creations