Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:12 am

@scofano, google jump the frog image
B

Post » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:12 am

Sorry i cant post the link
B

Post » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:11 am

To try it immediately, I just goggled the images.
I have added 2 types

Type 1 creating the animation and moving its pixels

Type 2 created the animation images with the space to jump.

Sorry for the messyy cropping & animation :mrgreen:
capx : https://www.dropbox.com/s/2fbbw4d5d7jkmbk/frog_1.capx

@Tom: I dunno why but for some reason my uploading capx process was not successful. It says The uploaded file is empty. Kindly help.
B
S

Post » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:25 am

Now I see. In fact the frog leaps at the same place, scenario is moving. Like a flappy thing. It's a little bit more complicated. I hope Harish solution fixes you up. :)
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:08 am

sorry for the late reply guys. Thanks guys for taking your time to help me. I tried to play haris' frog game and it was amazing. The frog could jump. How did you make the frog jump ? I tried to follow your steps on my game but it won't work
B

Post » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:16 am

Event
When Obj Clicked

Action
Start Animation "Jump"

Did you add the animation in the animation panel? Post your capx, I ll see.
B
S

Post » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:36 am

here is my game
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B

Post » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:57 am

You have no animation created yet.

When you double click on the CHARACTER "SPRITE" in the Object Panel in the construct right side. It will give you three other windows

In The IMAGE EDITOR - You uploaded CHARACTER image here.
In ANIMATIONS BAR - Now you see you have something called Default --> Right Click on the empty space in this window and ADD ANIMATION. Now rename it as JUMP. You have just created an animation called JUMP. You can't call an animation which is not yet created. As it is now created. Go to the next window
ANIMATION FRAMES BAR - Right Click and add as many frames as you need in the animation. Upload images for every frame. Just upload any image sequence image for now and see what happens.

So now you need to draw the whole jump and upload here.

Once you have done this go to this manual. You need to see this. It will have explanation about sprites and animation.

https://www.scirra.com/manual/48/image- ... ons-editor

Hope it helps
B
S

Post » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:56 am

thanks bro. is this correct now ? how come still can't jump ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B

Post » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:19 am

See the numbers running when you click the arrow button, those are called animation frames. You can check that in the Animation Frames Window. You didn't add that. Instead of these frames you should draw the jump animation of the monkey and add those sequence in each frame.

My best advice would be to stop this work currently and try a tutorial of animation.

In that way you can get help on action, frame rate and more.

Hope it helps.
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to How do I....?