Tapping very fast freezes WP8 game

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Full game Construct 2 and Construct 3 to post on Google Play
  • Problem Description

Windows Phone 8 (tested only with Lumia 520) tapping with 4-6 fingers for 6-15 times very fast makes the game freeze, limiting the on touch event doesn't provide a workaround.

Attach a Capx

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=C ... er%2c.capx

Description of Capx

The project has 3 elements: 2 sprites and 1 tap counter. The left sprite has a normal tap event that will fire on touch, the right sprite has a counter and can only register the on touched event twice every second; both freeze only on the phone deployment, not on the emulator (probably cause you cannot test this here) nor in the browser while testing.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• export the project and open it up the project in a Lumia 520 phone (hopefully it works with others as well)
    • using 4 to 6 fingers tap on either of the 2 sprites very fast, you will notice the counter will start to count the number of taps for each on tap event

Observed Result

Notice how once the counter for the right sprite has between 60 and 300 taps the game will freeze. If the right sprite was used the counter usually reaches 5 and then freezes. It all depends on how fast you tap and with how many fingers.

Expected Result

I expect for the app to remain responsive at all times no matter how many fingers are used to tap.

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: NO
    • FireFox: NO
    • Internet Explorer: NO

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 8.1 64bit, tested with WP8.1 Lumia 520 latest update - Lumia Black

Construct 2 Version ID

r 173 (64-bit)

was also happening the release before that

• I have a Lumia 520 fully up to date and I can't reproduce any issue. I tapped with 4 fingers at a time and got to 750 taps without freezing. Try testing with r175 and checking the phone is fully up to date.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I updated the beta 175, exported the project again and retested. It still froze but it seems much better now as I tapped with 5 fingers for 32 seconds. The tap timer reached 799 and then it froze .

I got the latest phone updates as I got a dev account.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)