Ted Venture

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:55 pm

The game should be more or less bug free now. Please let me know if you find any, or if you have any suggestions for improvement.

One advice is to run the game in full screen.
B
S

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:49 am

Game is great. Feels like you increased the light of the torch to see the next ledge more? And I noticed more things to collect, which makes it fun. And again, the music is well done.

PS-Thanks for the tips on the music software, but I think I may use Famitracker to make my tunes, once i figure out how to use it.
Play Ball Walker App Store | Google Play | Amazon
B
S

Post » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:53 pm

Whee I'm in 12th place. Ehhh....

Hi! I've actually been lurking this thread for a bit, I couldn't resist after I saw Mega Man face on the player character.

Nice runner - you added just enough things to keep it from being too run-of-the-mill or too complicated. I enjoyed climbing my way up the scoreboard.

And it's fantastic that you're making your own music! Just a suggestion though, for a highscore-type minigame you might want to come up with an even catchier opening to the track - you know, the kind that never gets tiring even after loads of replays. I'm not sure how to be specific about this, but just throwing it out.

Either way, keep it up! Glad to have played this.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:46 pm

haha really cool man! good luck in the undeground thing!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:58 pm

Nixel wrote:Whee I'm in 12th place. Ehhh....

Hi! I've actually been lurking this thread for a bit, I couldn't resist after I saw Mega Man face on the player character.

Nice runner - you added just enough things to keep it from being too run-of-the-mill or too complicated. I enjoyed climbing my way up the scoreboard.

And it's fantastic that you're making your own music! Just a suggestion though, for a highscore-type minigame you might want to come up with an even catchier opening to the track - you know, the kind that never gets tiring even after loads of replays. I'm not sure how to be specific about this, but just throwing it out.

Either way, keep it up! Glad to have played this.

A good advice to improve the score is to run the game in full screen. I think that it gives you a better overview.

I see your point in the menu theme. That tune might've worked better in a slower game. Like a sci-fi RTS game or so. I will see if I change it, but it wouldn't wait for it. :lol:

Anyways, thanks a lot for your feedback. It's appreciated!
B
S

Post » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:00 pm

megalocrator wrote:haha really cool man! good luck in the undeground thing!

Thanks a lot, dude! And good luck with Megaquest!
B
S

Previous

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests