Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Out of the Shadows [HTML5]

0 favourites
  • 15 posts
From the Asset Store
professionally animated character with Brashmonkey Spriter !
  • I've just created an auto-runner game to promote the release of the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles film in New Zealand. The game works best on mobile, but also works on desktop, make your browser window narrower if you can't see the buildings though.

The game doesn't have a lot of depth and I'd have liked to have refined the game play more, but I only had a few days to build it and the client mainly wants people to watch the trailer and go and see the film anyway. Enjoy!

https://creative.mobileembrace.com/paramount/tmnt2nz/?utm_source=scirra_forums

• Great job its simple but fun. The biggest question is how you landed the job? PM me the details when you have time.

• I don't have any secrets to share on landing the job I'm afraid, I work for a company who has relationships with advertising agencies, I don't get involved with that side of the business!

• mbe Fun game; is this an official game or just something you made as a fan?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I'm not sure if I'd call it "The Official Game", but it was paid for and signed off by the studio to promote the release of the film in New Zealand as part of a wider marketing campaign, so it's official in that sense.

• Hello, Can I ask how you did the 3D effect in buildings ?.

• nice !

• Marius87 Thanks!

The sides of the buildings in the foreground are sprites I created in Photoshop with the origins on the edges, then every tick I change their width depending on their X position so the leading side gets narrower and the trailing edge gets wider.

i.e.:

SideWall_Front.X => Set Width 64 * (SideWall_Front.X / LayoutWidth)

SideWall_Back => Set Width 64 * (1 - (SideWall_Back.X / LayoutWidth))
    [/code:ke40qc5e]

It's kind of a fake 3D effect, but it got the job done and stopped everything looking so flat!
  • Marius87 Thanks!

The sides of the buildings in the foreground are sprites I created in Photoshop with the origins on the edges, then every tick I change their width depending on their X position so the leading side gets narrower and the trailing edge gets wider.

i.e.:

> SideWall_Front.X => Set Width 64 * (SideWall_Front.X / LayoutWidth)

SideWall_Back => Set Width 64 * (1 - (SideWall_Back.X / LayoutWidth))
    [/code:19ff4ph1]

It's kind of a fake 3D effect, but it got the job done and stopped everything looking so flat!

Thanks for the info !, seems an effect that looks very good.

• Nice game mbe!

Massive fan of the original Turtles movies and even the wife started loving them after watching last years blockbuster at the IMAX with me.

Although you made it as a promotion for the New Zealand market, it worked and got me plenty excited about it and cannot wait to tell the wife that we have a new movie to see, hehe.

By the way, I got a little headache from playing the game after a while. Perhaps it was the 3D effect you mentioned? Anyway, I seem to be overly susceptible to motion sickness way more than the average joe.

The family is eating pizza tonight!

• I liked the wall 3D effect. Very interesting!

• Really nice and adictive, tough simple, but... i want to be Michelangelo ç.ç

• Apfelguts Thanks! Glad you got excited, that's why we built it - hope the motion sickness didn't ruin your pizza!

jogosgratispro Thanks, I tried various effects and plugins to try and add some depth but none of them really worked for my use case, then I realised I could fake it!

JPatchZ Thanks! I didn't get many assets from the studio, so I had to painstakingly build the character animation from poster artwork and screen captures of the trailer. Spent a lot of hours in Photoshop and After Effects just to make Raphael, didn't have time to build the other three!

• Thanks! Glad you got excited, that's why we built it - hope the motion sickness didn't ruin your pizza!

Yeah, pizza was on the table Too bad we forgot to dress up our Dachshund as Splinter! We brought out the old NES with the original Turtles game (1 player) and took turns clearing it. Took around 2 1/2 to 3 hours if I remember correctly. Cartridge was super dusty so we had to blow on it a few times to get it to work, hehe.

• Real-life looking Raph with robotic movements is quite creepy~

A good basic runner game by the way!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)