Temple of Delight

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Cold temple themed set of tiles for your platformer game.
  • in the sequence of this thread

I'm posting the cap of what I'm working on. The cap is heavily commented, though I believe some things might be a mess because I've never been a programmer (not that I didn't try).

This is a management hentai game, so it is NSFW (not safe for work) and it has adult-only artwork, consider yourself warned, hehe (some artwork are not mine btw).

The gameplay is simple. You are managing a temple-brothel and you must please your goddess by making your sex workers happy (and making yourself happy by earning money and buying better workers and assets for the temple). You go to the bar to assign your workers to clients and then click go to end the turn.

EDIT: version 0.2b (2/10/2009)

screenshot

new things: new zone backgrounds and start menu background. can save/load. added some main game calculations. added XP attribution to girls. Changed how information is stored. dropped the idea of having a female player, it's just too messy. also added an introductory help text.

to do: a lot, but most important is: main artwork (girl avatars, girl normal bodies, temple at night, main scenes, main scenes with the player), disease mechanics (medic), player stats, levels, special events (altar), more money calculations (building taxes, supplies, bar income, client wealth), assets (these are bonus objects that will give special stats boost).

bugs: none I can't fix at the moment.

If you decide to take a look, feedback is appreciated. thanks

Temple of Delight 0.2 Beta .CAP

8.80MB

• oh god, i haven't downloaded this, and its probably illegal in 200 different countries if i do. my only question is...

why?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • oh god, i haven't downloaded this, and its probably illegal in 200 different countries if i do. my only question is...

why?

as in...why'd he mix the hentai ladies with the real women?

they both take away from the appeal of the other when viewed together

I haven't downloaded either, I don't see why it'd be illegal, though

• Why not Quazi?

I know there have been some commercial brothel managment games or similar stuff. Not to speak of some crazy japanese s***.

Hey, I thought this was supposed to be Hentai? But there are photos for the most part.

This would profit from a consistent graphical look, but I understand you did concentrate on the events so far.

Too bad most things aren't functional yet. I can't really figure out how to do anything, instead of looking at some stats of the girls in the bar. But from the events it looks like you put already a lot of effort into it, although I don't have the patience to look through everything and figure out what they're doing, obviously.

Keep it up, I'd love to see a version of this with some actual gameplay.

• this attitude sorta in a way discourages ppl from asking questions and sharing things. as long as its not illegal i dont see why it needs to be a big deal, with irrelavant sub discussions going off track and not helping the original posters problem. unless you want to make a 21+ or older section of the forum or force them to edit sprites before posting because there maybe children visiting here. you might not want too much adult stuff in your face as soon as you click a page. then i couldnt let my daughter look at this forum.

op, you may find it difficult to get help when posting a full cap it might be best to break down your problem and make it as simple as possible in new cap, or try to recreate it anywayz. but i think your queston might have been solved in other thread with lucids post. i think thats the general way to solve those kinds of issues in construct - with variables.

• I didn't really get the idea of the game, guess the gameplay isn't ready yet.

These games have a bad rep, but I always wanted to take them "to the next level". Current adult game genres aren't too much fun or even adult-themed.

Maybe I'll do one sometime and throw a curve ball somewhere in there.

And get models for it.

Yes.

• I have to admit I once played one game named sim brother on funny-games.biz adult section and it was kinda fun So I kinda hope this gets somewhere and now you woke up Madster's evil mind so be careful he might do anything

• The neatest feature of this "game" so far is the menus. Very nice looking. Curious where this game will go, but it will be interesting!

• Eeek, I totally forgot I posted this here. I'm sorry for the content, if the admins want me to remove the link and make it available only through PM, I will. And as you guys said it is still in a very brute alpha state and might not worth downloading just yet.

The photos, as I said in the first post, are placeholders for when I do the actual artwork. At this moment I want to get the most basic of game mechanics working, which is going faster then expected actually.

At the moment I have problems on Save/Load because loading the application will immediately crash (or sometimes crash at the second load), but since I don't understand what is happening, I don't know if I should submit a Construct bug. Nevertheless I'm trying a workaround with saving and loading the data to arrays.

These games have a bad rep, but I always wanted to take them "to the next level". Current adult game genres aren't too much fun or even adult-themed.

True. Many are very narrow, if not most of them. I don't know if you ever seen a game from Illusion japan, their games aren't awesome, but they're the best in the genre.

I have to admit I once played one game named sim brother on funny-games.biz adult section and it was kinda fun So I kinda hope this gets somewhere and now you woke up Madster's evil mind so be careful he might do anything

I confess I was aiming for a SimBrothel game type, because I found that game to be too narrow considering the possibilities. I am also inspired by Crimson Comics games, which are mostly flash with some animations, so I wanted to have my own version... guess it's much more complex than I though at first ^^;

thanks much for the feedback. Will come back to you when the game can save/load.

• INIs or Arrays are good choice myself I prefer INIs as I know something about em

• INIs or Arrays are good choice myself I prefer INIs as I know something about em

yeah, but saving a game to a ini wouldn't make it open for the user to hack the savegame? I guess the array could also be hacked, but it would take more effort. in an ini, you would just open the file in the notepad to change it.

EDIT: forget it. just seen Minor's thread about protecting files.

• Thats usually the problem but you can try to hide em or make em hard to modify etc

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)