Terms Of Use Question : How To Count To $5,000?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Be quick and count the cards and choose the right number!
  • Hi.

It's the Crazy Hippy with more annoying questions!

I don't want to break any Terms Of Use but will be using C2 in ways that cloud the $5,000 mark for a Personal License.

If I make games on commission for a website and they put it behind a pay wall in a private, members only, arcade - how does that count towards my earned total?

They will be making money off it, but as only a single element of a larger whole. I have no idea how to (or if I should) quantify that beyond my nominal fee.

There are other questions this particular project raises, but I'll give each it's own topic so others searching can find the information more easily.

• I read it as how much money do you make off it it...

It's more like an extremely generous and lenient licensing system by Scirra, as they trust in you to honor their system. If you have made $5000 with it, a one time $300 upgrade should not be outside of your ability.

• I read it as how much money do you make off it it...

It's more like an extremely generous and lenient licensing system by Scirra, as they trust in you to honor their system. If you have made $5000 with it, a one time $300 upgrade should not be outside of your ability.

That's exactly what I thought!

Thanks.

I bought the personal license and plan on keeping records. This is my first actual potential sale and I wanted to actually keep a record from the first.

I agree that if I can pull off $5,000 from this sort of work, the upgrade will be easy - if I see it working well I wont even wait that long - but I wasn't sure about how to count sales where the client profits from the project. Now that I think of it - is the customer limited to $5,000? in theory?

I'm new to this sort of thing and my brain is made entirely out of wood, so I ask odd questions

• Your client is not using this software, so however much money they make off of it is probably irrelevant. I might be wrong though, and I don't speak for Scirra so I'm probably stepping into territory I don't belong in. It would probably be best to direct your specific question to if you really absolutely need it answered.

Regardless.... this type of question is usually asked by people who want to cheat the system and/or not pay the difference to upgrade...

If you're worried about feeling like you're cheating the system because your client made a million dollars, maybe you could just charge more so that you can afford the upgrade

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • No worries. I thought I sensed an under current there.

I was just wondering.

I found answers to all my questions so far by searching the forums (even the one I was going to post first about making Naughty Adult Games) (Allowed but make sure any 3rd party resources and such allow it).

I hope I didn't come off as trying to cheat anyone!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)