Tesseract Hyper Gunner

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:59 pm

So here's a retro fast paced aracde shooter that we'd like to share called "Tesseract Hyper Gunner". Objective of the game : get all the "Hyper Cubes" remaining in each level and SURVIVE in the process. Simple right :)? Can you beat all 5 levels and save the Universe :)??

We have two versions online right now :

- Standard Screen size (800x600) : Standard Screen
- Full Screen (for more powerful computers) : Full Screen

We recommend using Google Chrome for best performance. And if you have a hefty enough system, try the full screen version and hit F-11 on for the best experience :)!

Controls (also in the game tutorial) :
- Aim - use mouse
- Shoot - left mouse button
- Jump - right mouse button/space bar
- Move left - A key
- Move right - D key
- Switch Weapons - E key
- Toggle FPS - 5 key

We would definitely like to see what everyone is getting for their FPS. Hope you all enjoy! Cryptwalker2012-02-24 07:08:57
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:29 pm

Pretty fun game! I need to play this some more but I was pretty impressed with the first level.
B

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:35 am

insane sir...and i suck at it...lol.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:38 am

nice and well done but too hard (too much ennemis with a fast speed)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:41 am

Thanks guys, but what's everyone getting for FPS? Also which version did you try (full or standard)?

[quote]nice and well done but too hard (too much ennemis with a fast speed)[/quote]
Which level were you playing on :)?
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:44 am

at one moment when i jump for the first time it was so sloow, lol i was "ohooooh crash" but after 2/3s of slowing down the game was back to normal and that happens just when i jump and firing at the same time.

i have a laptop acer 2gb ati radeon and 8cores processor i7 and 6gb ram
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:50 am

Oh, the slow down is actually part of the game itself and happens each time you get a Cube! You're also invulnerable for the duration of the slow down too so fire away at everything :)!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:11 am

Just an update, worked with Ozzed to update the music so that it now loops properly and doesn't pop or crackle anymore :).
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:21 am

Very fun Cryptwalker, I like the concept and it has that addicting element to it.

The weapon upgrades were fun. the retro graphic style as well. Would have been awesome playing this on nintendo :)

Criticism wise, after a few minutes of playing the sounds get a bit much - i really like the jump sound, but the sound when a bullet collides with an enemy and also when it dies is pretty intense. It needs to be lowered (imo).

The only other thing i would encourage is for you to lose the tutorial and build it into the actual game itself. (Again, in my opinion) people playing webgames want instant-fun, so when they see the option to skip the tutorial - most will. This wouldnt be a problem with some games but without knowledge of the objective and buttons your game cant be played properly.

All in all this is pretty awesome!
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:05 am

Thanks for the feed back Genki :)!

Yes after we finished piecing everything together, it totally did reminded me of a NES game :).

[quote]after a few minutes of playing the sounds get a bit much - i really like the jump sound, but the sound when a bullet collides with an enemy and also when it dies is pretty intense. [/quote]
Yes I can tweak the sound a little :).

[quote]The only other thing i would encourage is for you to lose the tutorial and build it into the actual game itself.[/quote]
I definitely agree. Actually, this was the inital idea but due to time constraints (and me not knowing enough of how to work with Construct 2 yet) we opted for a seperate tutorial section. Going forward, i am going to work it into the game itself :).
B
S
G

Next

Return to Completed Creations