Test of many scenery objects.

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Soldier Test
$9.99 USD
A Construct version 2 & 3 "Stand-alone" RPG game with "In-Game Module" (IGM) integration.
  • Testing a scenery manager for 75,000 objects on the map. What is your FPS? Do you see any scenery pop in or is it all getting drawn before it is on screen? Thanks!

Use WASD+mouse or touch screen.

http://www.cargocultgaming.com/75k/

• on beginning after start button on my rig, i get 20 fps for about 1 second then raises to 30/33 then 3 4 seconds later clean 60 fps, however are just around 200 objects on screen active i guess the static ones are not even taken any damage on my fps, however i cant say nothing about cpu utilization you should balance that so all computers should be able to play it, if you have a quad core machine and ur cpu utilization is more then 30% then its no good for older computers, now i know most people today are in the ultimate rigging with around 500 bucks, builds, but there are others that still using 10 year old tech(dual cores or even single cores.)

leaving all that aside, its one of the best retro games ived seen on forums in a while that also performs good.

• on beginning after start button on my rig, i get 20 fps for about 1 second then raises to 30/33 then 3 4 seconds later clean 60 fps, however are just around 200 objects on screen active i guess the static ones are not even taken any damage on my fps, however i cant say nothing about cpu utilization you should balance that so all computers should be able to play it, if you have a quad core machine and ur cpu utilization is more then 30% then its no good for older computers, now i know most people today are in the ultimate rigging with around 500 bucks, builds, but there are others that still using 10 year old tech(dual cores or even single cores.)

leaving all that aside, its one of the best retro games ived seen on forums in a while that also performs good.

Thanks for the feedback! Yeah, there are less than 200 objects active at a time from an array of 75,000. They are created and destroyed from that array as the player moves around the map. Iterating through the array is what might slow things down. I could probably split the array into smaller ones (maybe around 5k?) and assign them to different areas of the map and only iterate the arrays that the player is close to. Doing this would allow a lower falloff range and therefore even less active objects.

• on beginning after start button on my rig, i get 20 fps for about 1 second then raises to 30/33 then 3 4 seconds later clean 60 fps.

Maybe I can build the array in smaller chunks during the menu screen to avoid this lag at the beginning. The start button will appear once the array is complete. The level should load very smoothly after that.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Very cool game! unfortunately I reach only 50 fps. It might be due to the filter effects tho. Or might no -- ill be damned if i ever understand how performance actually works...

• my pc is old, and I get like 26-30 FPS.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)