Test out my EXE build please

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:42 am

@NotionGames - even the cheapest laptop around today would be more than fast enough for a 2D game. Minimum hardware is kind of irrelevant for 2D games these days. You just need the right software.
Scirra Founder

Post » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:15 pm

@Ashley - I don't necessarily agree. It depends very much on the game in question. Example, Bastion. The desktop version of Bastion runs fairly well for me in 1920x1080, but not well enough that it's comfortable playing at that resolution. But that's the desktop version, I can change the resolution in that game as I see fit. The Chrome/web version of Bastion? Not so much.

If I want to run it in fullscreen it's forced to run in the native resolution of my computer, which causes the game to run at a somewhat inconsistent framerate. It's actually a bit worse since the Chrome/web version of Bastion is not as optimized as the desktop one.

Never say never. A game using all kinds of shaders, big assets and a lot of layers could very well have issues on lower end systems. It's not unreasonable to want to be able to figure out what the minimum specs would/should be. I'm not sure how you would do that aside from testing the game on everything, which (I gather) is why the question was asked in the first place.

From what I've seen so far Ubi Land is unlikely to run into such problems. But then again, I haven't seen the entire game yet. inkBot2012-09-19 12:16:46

Return to Construct 2 General