Text action problem

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:36 am

I spent a lot of time to make my game; making the art and the game itself.

My Game:

http://www.scirra.com/arcade/addicting- ... go-catcher

For the most part the game is mostly bug free(which took some time to do) but just for one bug.

When you lose the game and you go to the lost layout the "Play Again" and "Back To Menu" texts must be clicked to complete their action.

Before the problem was when I click the text nothing happen, so I added the action to reset the global variables.
It solved the problem but now the texts must be clicked twice to complete their action; one click resets the global variables and the 2nd completes the the action what it was suppose to do in the 1st place.

Keep in mind I use the same exact texts "Play Again" and "Back To Menu" in the end game layout and it runs as required :o :shock: :?

So here is how I set out to fix this problem:

I made separate/fresh text for lose layout: still had problem :(
Duplicated the end game layout and used it for the lose layout: still had problem
Made back the lose game layout from scratch: still had problem :o :shock: :cry: :x

I think I tried everything,this bug may seem small but it is still a problem and I don't like problems :cry:

At this point I'm thinking it is a problem with Construct 2 software itself...

Any help with this problem will make my week :geek: :ugeek:

Thanks in advance :)
B
10
S
1
Posts: 11
Reputation: 826

Post » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:10 am

Chances of a C2 bug, about 0.1%. Chances of logic error, 99.9% :) You could post the capx. Do you have any debugging stuff in there? Like logging messages/values to the debug console? You'd find it in about 10 minutes I reckon.
B
24
S
9
G
4
Posts: 1,646
Reputation: 6,596

Post » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:41 pm

First of all thanks for your feedback codah.

Sadly I do not have any debugging stuff the there, got any links to some tutorials/guides? to what you are talking about?
B
10
S
1
Posts: 11
Reputation: 826

Post » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:16 pm

Sure. (This assumes you're previewing in the Chrome browser.) Add a 'Browser plugin' object if you don't already have it. Then at strategic places in your events (where you want to see if an event has been triggered, or what a variable value currently is) add a Browser;Log action, and log some text. e.g. "Variable1 = " & Variable1 or "Function xyz() has been called" or whatever. Preview your game (doesn't have to be in debug mode) and hit F12 in Chrome. Choose "Console" up the top and interact with your game. For more info look up "Browser" under Plugins in the manual.
B
24
S
9
G
4
Posts: 1,646
Reputation: 6,596

Post » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:02 pm

Ok codah,thanks for your help,I will try when I get some free time :)
B
10
S
1
Posts: 11
Reputation: 826


Return to How do I....?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 42 guests