Text-Based Editing

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Hand-animated Sprite Base for isometric game/animation development
  • I'm more familiar with scripting and actual code than the way Construct displays events, so I thought it would be nice to have an option to switch between "expert" and "novice" mode on the event editing page. Also, I think it would save everyone time trying to duplicate events. Just my opinion.

• Have you tried using Python Scripts? I think those are what your describing

• Yes, Python gives you full access to all the objects in the layout. You can probably pretty much python script an entire game, but I don't think anybody's finished a python-only game yet.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • But then I need to include the python dll, correct?

I'm just suggesting a way to more quickly edit events.

• I don't understand what you wish to edit.. if you insert some conditions and actions with parameters, you can click the parameter and edit it without going through dialogs (hover over it then click).

Python allows total flexibility with text-based editing, if that's what you want.

• A bit of copying and pasting events could save me loads of time. I end up using the same action multiple times in my 'code' and want to clone it instead of choosing it again from the menu. I'm using Python a little right now, but I'd like to edit events this way as well.

• A bit of copying and pasting events could save me loads of time. I end up using the same action multiple times in my 'code' and want to clone it instead of choosing it again from the menu. I'm using Python a little right now, but I'd like to edit events this way as well.

If I'm reading you right here, you might want to look into the Function object.

Insert it to your layout, make an "On Function Called" event trigger and include all your events (if it's working with an object specifically make sure to check the Remember Picked Objects box in call function) then in the events where you want to call those actions just put in a "Call Function" action.

It sounds complex but it's really quite simple to use once you get used to it. I've been learning Torquescript so I understand a lot more about some of the standard ways this stuff works

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)