Text based games

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Wed May 12, 2010 10:55 am

[quote="KrushBrother":1i4lpg6d]The only problem with Inform and the like is that the end user usually needs to run them through an interpreter to play them.

I'd like an adventure to be contained in an exe, show a title screen, and then allow you to play the game.

I've never come across a text adventure game creator that compiles it all into an exe file.
If anyone has, I'd be interested to hear about it (although I doubt one exists, as I'd have probably found it by now :) ).

Krush.[/quote:1i4lpg6d]

It is actually possible to make .exes out of Inform projects, though not many people do. I don't have the link handy, but I know it works - I've done it myself, a while ago.
B
G

Post » Wed May 12, 2010 4:55 pm

[quote="JonasKyratzes":396z6sm0]It is actually possible to make .exes out of Inform projects, though not many people do. I don't have the link handy, but I know it works - I've done it myself, a while ago.[/quote:396z6sm0]
Well in that case, I'd better take another look at Inform.

I can't remember what version they were on when I looked at it last (it was a little while ago), but I'm going to take a look at the latest version to see if you're right.

Thanks for the info,

Krush.
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 13, 2010 10:33 pm

Inform, ADRIFT, TADS, StoryTron, etc.

Dont bother using Construct for a Text adventure game. There are some REALLY nifty products out there that do way better.
B
G

Previous

Return to Construct Classic Discussion