Text box

Just started using Construct 2? Post your questions here

Post » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:03 pm

I notice that if the number of texts exceed the text box size,it will become invisible.I will have to adjust the size of the text box in order to make it visible again.But the problem is my texts in text box change frequently such that it may exceed the text box size during gameplay.Instead of setting the text box size to annoyingly huge,is there any setting that allow text to show beyond the text box border?
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:25 am

A few things for you to look at.

You can set the wrapping on the textbox from word to character.

You can alter the size of the texbox "in code" using set size/width/height

you could limit the displayed text using left(text,count)
August 2015 - I misplaced a lot of links - I will try to find backups and repost. If You find a post that interests please reply to post with @rampackwobble and I will get a nudge!

If you find my posts useful please consider donating something to a local charity or to the http://www.mndassociation.org/
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:28 pm

@RamPackWobble is right. I'd also recommend trying the Text Plugin if you are not going to have the user input text. I've attached an example .capx where I adjust the rendering size of the Text Plugin at run time based on the TextWidth and TextHeight properties of the Text set within it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:37 am

:oops: I was actually thinking of text not textbox :oops:

(but if I don't say anything no one will know....)
August 2015 - I misplaced a lot of links - I will try to find backups and repost. If You find a post that interests please reply to post with @rampackwobble and I will get a nudge!

If you find my posts useful please consider donating something to a local charity or to the http://www.mndassociation.org/
B
S
G

Return to Beginner's Questions