Text in Families

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:45 pm

@Animmaniac I'm afraid the engine is just not designed in a way that allows what you've described. It would need a lot of code rewriting... maybe one day in the future, but right now we have to get back to working down our todo list :-\
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:40 pm

Yeah, I imagine it would need a big deal of code rewriting, but you can't deny it would be a great feature for C2.

But I understand your situation, it's a difficult task for a two man team.

Well, at least I can dream about it. And it also serves as a good exercise in problem-solving for me!
Scirra Employee
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:16 pm

[QUOTE=Fimbul] But there will be a way to group different objects, right?
I can think of a couple situations in which that'd be useful, such as when you want to create/destroy/rotate/move an entire composite object at once.
It would automatically associate all instances with each other (for instance, a condition that selects one object would include all objects of that group into the SOL).

That would enable things like a tank emitting smoke particles, complete with a main cannon and a machine gun turret, with a health bar and a player name (for instance).[/QUOTE]

@Fimbul

What you want and are describing are containers, which are on the to do list. Or the pairer object, which can make containers at runtime, though that also hasn't been implemented yet.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General