Text in sprite / image render ?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Animated Text
$3.99 USD
With AnimatedText behavior you can make an impression of the text being “typed live”.
  • Is there a way to add/edit text into sprite? Atm im using Paint text copy paste.

sometimes I really don't want to waste more space or icon or set text event when i can just (paint text) and be done example would be a title screen or an animation screen that already changes image so event dialogue would be a waste of space.

Also on question about on screen animation render. Is it better or worse to have one size image then multiple small image ?

• Nope, sorry. I'd really like it if the sprite editor did have a basic text function. In the meantime, I'd suggest that you use a single static (as in - it doesn't need to change during the game) text object that you just clone and edit as necessary across your entire project.

I don't understand your second question :(

• One thing I'd say about title screens is that there's usually very little going on on a title screen anyway, so you don't need to worry about being incredibly efficient. As pointed out by Ashley and others, you shouldn't waste inordinate amounts of time optimising, unless it's really affecting your game. For a title screen, I'd just use loads of text objects and get the job done.

Obviously if it's totally static you can just add text to your images in a paint package?

• to farflame Yeah i guess when i read about memory and vram kinda scared me intro trying to reduce that as much as possible

• It doesn't hurt to be efficient, but at the same time, your own time is probably more important than efficiency in some situations. C2 tests show that you can have 100,000 sprites whizzing around on your screen, so spending hours trying to shave off an object here and there probably isn't worth it.

Although I think if you're targeting Android etc you do need to be more efficient, especially with memory. But if we're talking about 10 text objects or something, I wouldn't worry about it at all.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • oh ok thx man that really free up my mind.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)