Text input and appearing

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Total customisation of the input! You can combine inputs from all peripherals. Make your game accessible for everyone!
  • Im working on some new stuff, trying to push in a new way for me in construct. Although this may be a simple thing, Ive nevr really done it before.

What Im hoping to do is this...

Have the first layout a "Text input/ setup" screen for the user...Giving them the opportunity to input Text that they wish to appear during the game (potentially many lines worth).

Then, after setting up the Text, I would like that very same Text to appear in the net layout.

Basically, giving the player the abbility to change mini Text puzzles each time they play...whilst the gameplay wont change, the Text will...its for an educational game.

If anyone could help with this, it would be greatly appreciated.

• One way to do this would be INI files.

I started making a quick example but got a little carried away.

So here you go: InIdialog.cap made with 0.99.84

• Thanx heaps, I'm on the iPod right now, I'll check it out when I'm back on the pc

• Hey, im sorry, but the .cap wont run...

I get "out of memory" error appear.

Im running version 1.0

• Hey, im sorry, but the .cap wont run...

I get "out of memory" error appear.

Im running version 1.0

Really? Can I get a copy?

• Hahaha.... I mean the latest version... Spot the "not so noob" noob!

• Which latest version do you mean? The stable or unstable one? It seems there is a major confusion regarding the "latest" version.

• This is why I think Ash and Co. should go back to posting the unstables on the front page when it's proven they work. This has been happening A LOT lately because people don't read the Construct Discussion forum.

• This is why I think Ash and Co. should go back to posting the unstables on the front page when it's proven they work. This has been happening A LOT lately because people don't read the Construct Discussion forum.

Seconded

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Great example R0J0hound!

I especially like how you handled the text. VERY nice RP style

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)