Text Scroll

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:58 pm

Hi,

I am having a great amount of work, trying to do a text scroll trick with a text box. Someone knows I simple trick to do this?

Thanks
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:53 pm

New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:14 pm

Hi Kyatric,

Thanks for your suggestion, is a good option, mas how the text is put over everything in the screen, I can't mask it to scrolling the text in a window above something in the screen.

In my option I am trying to find the "wrap" point in a text line to copy this line to a "one line text box", and the next wrapped line in a new "one line text box" and so...

So that to scroll i need to interchange the content of the "one line text box"s.

The big trouble is do the "text wrap" right.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:23 pm

The great way is if the text box inserts a mark when do the line change. So we can control how many of than will be presented in a textbox.

When I insert a text who was externally "newline" formatted, I can do that, with the "tokenat(Text, Index, Separator)" expression.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:54 am

Hey, stakeholders

I made some progress here, look at this code

Text_Scrolling_Example

It's almost there.

But I need to find someway to acess the instanciated lines objects from the last to the first one, to implement the "show next line" behavior.

Please, somebody could help?

Thanks
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:26 pm

Hi,

Excuse me to disturb, but I am in trouble here because I am doing a job with C2 and I need to use a text scrolling box system on it. After some research I resolved to do in this way:

- first I copy all the text in a text object

- second I divided the text in lines, and copied each one in a instance of a text object

- in third I'm trying to move and show / hide the lines

like you can see in this sample:

Scrolling Sample

I found a way to hide / show the lines when it goes in the up direction, but I can not do it in the down direction. Somebody have any idea to help me?
Scrolling text
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:57 pm

New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?