text to html? on Twitter

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:02 am

Hi guys,

I just to create with AJAX a request page on post twitter in php all is ok and this is my results in my php page:

line 1: bla bla bla bla bla bla
line 2: bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla

well when I run my game all is OK too but in my text I receive a code say <br> like this:

line 1: bla bla bla bla bla bla <br>line 2: bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla

how to hide this code <br>?. I dont linke this code <br>. (jump of line in html).

My Other question is how visuality this results but line by line in a determinate time? for example each 6 seconds see the line 2 then in 6 sexonds after next line 3 and then 6 seconds after see the other line 4... and when its finishe then go to 1 line.

I hope you understand me I speak spanish sorry ;)

Thanks so muchu guys

Gustavo
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:10 am

..Oh and anyone know how to set the text by autosize?. because all my text is in a line
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:18 pm

You will have to "analyse" and parse your text by yourself.
For this you can use the system expressions aimed at the text.
From there you find a way to spot a "<br>" and replace it with a newline keyword (no quotes) that will jump a line into the text object.

Finaly the text object hasn't an autosize option, you should code it by yourself too (using the system expression len(text) for example).
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:27 pm

Thanks Kyatric, I have this:
http://www.restaurantcuartoymitad.com/construct2/

and my php is it:
http://www.restaurantcuartoymitad.com/construct2/example.php

I want this text in php will see in my game in the text, but I only see code javascript :(
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?