textbox number arrows

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Tue May 30, 2017 2:12 am

hi there i was wondering if someone could help me

i've got some text boxes which are set to numbers as that is all i want the user to put in but i don't like the arrows that are inside text box to increase or decrease numbers can anyone tell me a way to remove this thanks :)
B
S

Post » Tue May 30, 2017 6:58 am

As the TextBox object is a Form object it supports CSS so it may be possible to do something with css.

Probably easier to create your own TextBox and arrows as sprites so you have better control. Form objects have a few limitations.
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 31, 2017 1:08 am

thanks for the reply, ive added a plus and minus either side of text box which i want user to use so trying to get rid of the arrows inside would help. the only problem is i dont know css XDDD
B
S

Post » Wed May 31, 2017 8:40 am

Those things are called 'spinners'.
More accurate info you find by using your friend Google with the search string: CSS: Hide spinners

But to my knowledge, spinners are pretty hard linked to the browser. Dont think you can hide them with a simple CSS code. Until someone proves me wrong, which would be (again) a nice thing.

In the mean time, here is a simple way to restrict the input to numbers.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c0ohwtlco7zbi ... .capx?dl=0
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 31, 2017 12:19 pm

thanks for the name :) also thanks ill check it out, i did debate using a code to restrict input to numbers on keyboard, also when you said its down to browser i plan to export it via node for desktop so would it disapppear?
B
S

Return to How do I....?