Texture overlay

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed May 21, 2014 10:07 am

I need to make texture overlay for icon in inventory when weapon condition low.
I have: Image
i need: Image
Any ideas? i already try effects and blending but its not correctly works. Maybe someone know way to make effect\blending active only for special layer?
Creator of MiniDayZ
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 21, 2014 10:33 am

Can't you just switch to another animation or animation frame when the condition of the weapon is low?
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 21, 2014 2:14 pm

basti wrote:Can't you just switch to another animation or animation frame when the condition of the weapon is low?

no
Creator of MiniDayZ
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 21, 2014 3:10 pm

If you overlay a damage texture on top of the rifle (something like a noise texture) and use a multiply or darken or even overlay blending modes (webGL effects) you will achieve this result. Just alter the opacity of the noise texture, to give different stages of damage.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
composer - multimedia artist
www.eli0s.com/en/
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 22, 2014 9:20 am

eli0s wrote:If you overlay a damage texture on top of the rifle (something like a noise texture) and use a multiply or darken or even overlay blending modes (webGL effects) you will achieve this result. Just alter the opacity of the noise texture, to give different stages of damage.

I know this variant, problem that i need to draw rust texture for each gun individually. I want to place one square texture that overlays with "source in" blending
Creator of MiniDayZ
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 22, 2014 10:04 am

A very simple mock up on how it works... hope this helps :)

The Weapon and the Rust Texture must be on the same layer, but I guess you can figure it out from my example.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 22, 2014 2:09 pm

I took the liberty and added upon @Ubivis example.

What you need is the Source atop mode. Using the Overlay WebGL instead of the Multiply effect, renders better results with the particular rust texture imo.
Unfortunately, Firefox doesn't seem to like webGL effects on a Sprite with the Source atop blending mode. In Chrome it works just fine though.
www.eli0s.com/en/
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 22, 2014 2:56 pm

eli0s wrote:I took the liberty and added upon @Ubivis example.

What you need is the Source atop mode. Using the Overlay WebGL instead of the Multiply effect, renders better results with the particular rust texture imo.
Unfortunately, Firefox doesn't seem to like webGL effects on a Sprite with the Source atop blending mode. In Chrome it works just fine though.

Great adjustment, thank you :) Also learned something new ;)
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 22, 2014 5:27 pm

eli0s wrote:I took the liberty and added upon @Ubivis example.

Thanks a lot, my problem was that on layer properties "Forse own texture" was off
Creator of MiniDayZ
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 22, 2014 6:57 pm

@Ubivis I learn something new everyday in the forums :)

@Farsight Yes, it's very tricky not to forget something. The way C2 makes masking is counter-intuitive. I've mentioned many times before, we need a new, simplified but dedicated masking system, something that can be applied to many layers and/or sprites at once, and be independent from the layers order.
www.eli0s.com/en/
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?