THANK YOU for the local storage update, all is good now :D

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
Basic Plugins for Firebase Authentication, Realtime-Database, Firestore, Cloud Storage
  • THANK YOU for setting the ItemValue to the key value without "Get item" action.

Local Storage is now a full replacement for WebStorage.

Yes it is asynchronous but that is ok now because the *trigger within a trigger* nonsense is over.

I can see the slow death of webstorage in Construct 2 now.

People, please stop using Webstorage for all your future projects, Local Storage is ready for prime time

Thank you ASHLEY.

• Toddler the local storage looks promising. This also works fine with devs using cocoonjs.

• Oh I spoke too quickly, it seems if you make more than one request at the same time, the "itemvalue" will be overridden in all the wrong sequence depending on the latest retrieval UNLESS you use item get.

I ended up still having to use on item get.

It's ok, I think I understand why this will be an issue.

It's alright.

But kinda still a bug though, lol.

So people, the correct sequence to using Local Storage is:

Step 1:

Check if Key Exist.

Step 2:

If Key doesn't exist triggers, do your shit.

If Key DOES exist, call "get item" for that key.

Step 3:

Trigger happens from get item, retrieve it via itemvalue.

Yes Webstorage does it all in one line but it seems those days are decidedly over now

======================================================================

Old Method:

New Method:

======================================================================

I've finally bite the bullet and change it, for all of you still deciding, remember, the more you add to your game, the more it is going to be difficult to comb through and remove your webstorage, yes I know you probably group it properly but CAN YOU BE SURE ?

Better fix it while your game is still small, or even if it is big, do you want to fix it when it is Bigger ?

• ItemValue is set to the correct value in the 'On item exists' trigger, as of r203, so you should not need to use a 'Get item' action in 'On item exists'. However it's not set in 'On item missing', since, well, there is no item

• Ashley, looks like you messed up big time with this release ;p

Now Local Storage doesn't even work.

LOL

• Yeah, accidentally used a new JS feature which Chrome supports but Firefox doesn't yet. It's already fixed for the next beta.

• can i use local storage for saving highscore ?

• Ashley

Well, first of all thanks for your work

I would like to read the documentation of the "Local Storage" since there is nothing in the manual yet (maybe because it's still in beta)

Thanks for the fixes in R203, now it's easier to use it, without having to use another 'Get item'

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • can i use local storage for saving highscore ?

YES you can, I am using it now and it functions PERFECTLY.

• Yeah, accidentally used a new JS feature which Chrome supports but Firefox doesn't yet. It's already fixed for the next beta.

It is really depressing to hear this, Firefox was once the big game of the town.

And now, Firefox doesn't play many of the webGL features and now this...

If it is not for Firefox's ability to download videos, I would have stop using firefox completely by now.

• > Yeah, accidentally used a new JS feature which Chrome supports but Firefox doesn't yet. It's already fixed for the next beta.

>

It is really depressing to hear this, Firefox was once the big game of the town.

And now, Firefox doesn't play many of the webGL features and now this...

If it is not for Firefox's ability to download videos, I would have stop using firefox completely by now.

what is local storage actions instead of webstorage ?? (replacement ) for the

if Local Key "......" exists >>>>> set variable to webstorage.LocalValue('......')

and

set LocalKey ".........." to variable

thanks ?

• any help please ?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)