The Art of Horror?

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 9:56 pm

Actually, those zombie dogs in RE1 made me stop playing that game, I was shaking like hell, and since it happens in the first 2 minutes, well..I never played RE1 again. Maybe I should try it out now.

Post » Fri May 27, 2011 11:47 pm

I have a similar experience to that. On my 6th birthday, I got the game Silent Hill for the ps1, I was SO excited to play it, but after about 5 minutes into a game, I found myself being eaten alive by zombies in a alley I tried running but it was hopeless. I was terrified and stopped playing. I kept the game because Gamestop didn't come to town until like 2006. It wasn't until I was 11 that I had the guts to dig it out of the closet, stick it in my ps2 and play. It scared me to death although this time I was wasn't running to my mom with snot and tears streaming down my face. GOOD TIMES! :lol:

Post » Sat May 28, 2011 6:16 am

being chased by black lion at the begining of another world was very tens . Also we have to care about the character : the more we care the more we scared of loosing him in tense situation.
My professional Royalty Free Music at Scirra Assets Store
Specs: i5 2500, 16gb of ram, gtx 770, win 7, Focusrite Scarlett 8i6, Mackie mr8mk2, Alesis 320, browsing the net on chrome.

Post » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:23 am

It would be a good idea to make your character have a strong personality, of course he should not be able to easily surmount the obstacles at hand, but it is alot more terrifying if it is a person with a strong will that is having to scramble to survive.

If the character is too weak, too weak willed, and too stupid, I do not really feel frightened when they get slaughtered, I just feel marginally surprised it did not happen sooner.

Clocktower on the SNES as previously mentioned actually accomplished this pretty well, sure she was a weak girl, but she was easily recognized as one of the stronger characters, by the other characters in the game too. She also had alot of willpower and was willing to push her body to the limit. The character should be feeling the same adrenaline the player is feeling or it is just pathetic.

Return to Open Topic