The Artifact (Demo Available)

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:04 pm

kossglobal wrote:Thanks! I hope I can have more updates to show soon. My personal deadline to provide an alpha demo was yesterday so I'm sorry about that. I think in two weeks I'll be able to finish this demo which is for general feedbacks and mainly about the game design. ^_^

I'm curious—does this mean you have a good majority of it done? Or would the demo have limited features, enemies, areas, etc.?

It's looking good—I'd definitely give the demo a try!
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:46 pm

Nice job, looks great btw!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:44 pm

@badmoodtaylor

It'll have very limited content but most of the major features done in a smaller scale. Basically there will be only one map to play in with all the enemies of this episode.
Episodes means different map themes with different enemies with their own mechanics. I plan to add different ways of finding the needed items to be found in order to fight the boss but this is something I'll think about when I begin to create more content. To sum up, I've being working on the major mechanics and it's visual identity for 5 months so far and everything I've done until now is to provide an early alpha demo that really demonstrates of what the game will be and its mechanics. Bear in mind that like I said on the presentation of the game, the inspirations are Diablo 3 and Risk of Rain. So you can foresee the gameplay more like a mix of them but more similar to Risk of Rain because of complexity reasons. :)

@TELLES0808

Thanks! ^_^
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:19 am

Thanks. I'm curious because I feel like that there are always so many things you want to fix or finish before showing people a demo that but if you wait until all those things are done then the game is nearly done.
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:01 pm

@badmoodtaylor

In terms of mechanics It is... 80% done I think. But I don't know what would I change or add after people's feedback in the next months. While in terms of content the game lacks a lot yet like variety of enemies and mechanics, items to the player, creation and randomization for passive and active skills to the enemies and side quests which are more like challenges that will provide more items to the player.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:27 pm

Hi guys. I'm finally releasing the first alpha demo of my game. I'm struggling with many things such as screen resolution to avoid distortions of the pixel art and other stuffs but I think it's a good start the way it is right now.

Besides me no one saw any gameplay or played it yet, so I may have being blind in many aspects of the development. Because of that, any feedback you can give me will worth gold for me.

Depending on how people will react I may upload this demo to Itch.io website.

Download - The Artifact Alpha Demo V. 0.0.1
*Edit: Press Esc to see the keyboard and gamepad keys.
*Gamepad is fully supported only during gameplay for now.

Controls (Keyboard)
Left Arrow - Move Left
Right Arrow - Move Right
Up arrow - Jump
Wall Jump - While jumping if you have a wall by your side press the arrow in the opposite direction (e.g. Player has a wall to his left, press right arrow)
Extra Jump - After performing a wall jump you gain an extra jump (Up Arrow)
Skills - Press Z, X, C or V.
Press E to collect items and artifact fragments

For more information about the controls (keyboard and gamepad), go to the options in game.
I'll do a quick tutorial later.
Last edited by kossglobal on Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:18 pm

It looks like a cool game, but you need to upload a 32-bit version of the alpha demo. I have a 32-bit laptop and the 64-bit can't run on it, but a 32-bit version could run on any computer.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:11 am

@Garenz

I had it already I just shared the wrong link :( .

Thanks for warning me. The link is fixed now.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:16 pm

Ok.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests