The asm.js physics crash with don't prevent rotations event

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Minimalist Crash Balls is a game where the goal is to hit the ball on the portal, with 20 different levels :)
  • Problem Description

The game physics plugin does crash with the latest beta update and asm.js physics enabled.

It crashed when using the "don't prevent rotations" event.

Attach a Capx

Since I don't want others than you to download and steal my project I will upload it somewhere private, please tell me where you want it.

(Maybe send me a PM or something like that)

Description of Capx

A simple chopper game where you have to pickup the weight and drop it into a truck then fly away.

(Crash when dropping the weight with "T" key)

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• 1st way: You can simply put the crashing event (bookmarked condition) at startup. (Weight > don't prevent rotations)
    • 2nd way: Or you could play it until the weight dropping sequence starts.

Observed Result

The weight physics screw up or the game completly stops working

Expected Result

Box2dweb physics does show the normal way that the physics should be working.

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES)
    • FireFox: (YES)
    • Internet Explorer: (YES)

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 7 newest updates and service packs installed.

(Newest Nvida Gefore graphics drivers installed!)

Construct 2 Version ID

I don't know where to find it but I'm on release 196 (64-bit/Steam) if that was meant by Version ID

Side notes

The weird thing is that this bug only occured within my project and it does not happen when creating a new project and using the event.

• Closing as no .capx attached and one was provided in a similar report here: https://www.scirra.com/forum/r196-prevent-rotations-crash-with-asm-js_t124123

As per the bug report guidelines, please reproduce the problem in a new project which you can share. Full projects generally aren't useful for debugging anyway, since they are too complicated.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Great job Ashley, everything works perfectly fine, performance improvements of asm.js confirmed!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)