The Blue Code - 2D Point & Click Adventure Game

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:32 am

So any opinions on the demo?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:02 pm

Can you help about intallation on linux? I tried but failed and it's because of my fault (:
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:13 pm

Loved it! Its a great game to look at. I love good art and animation, especially unique designs. Music fits the game well. Very professional sounding.
If your lookin for any crtiques I suppose I'd say some sound effects seem a little louder than they should be in some areas or over shadow other sounds.
And as for a general opinion, voice work for this game would put it above the rest. Its one of the reasons I love DotT and Sam N' Max. I could see myself loving your characters even more if only I could hear them speak. :D Good stuff.
B
S

Post » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:12 am

@onur
I would love too, but my linux still is minimal. The game was compiled using NodeWebkit. I don't think the game needs to be installed. However you might need to set the permission in Linux to be executable.

In the mean time you can play online at http://clay.io/game/thebluecode

@Natal
Thank you. That's very much appreciated. We did a lot on the sound, but unfortunately we were time constrained. The room your probably referring to is the Kitchen :| I'm wanting to add some volume controls for FX, Music and the voice element. Thank. the comments were really really appreciated :)

edit:
Actually to expand on what has been done. Much of TBC was written to be designer friendly. it's possible to put together a P&C using the core components of TBC. But along with that there was a lot of work into the details of the audio. Enough in fact that I've started putting together an C2 Audio Engine to take advantage of the Advanced Audio api. I personally found the advanced effects to be difficult to work with and manage. So i'm working on a designer friendly system. it's still int he works right now. But a small taste of the audio system is to turn up your speaks a bit more and do stuff in the various room of the castle :D.

We included reverb, muting effects, hollow effects, and distance based audio. best off the distance audio is no more than 2 instructiosn. Drag and Drop, then name the audio file. Then we have options in the sprite to define the working :D jayderyu2013-11-15 06:55:01
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:43 am

@jayderyu it stucks when i play it online. I'm using chrome (ver.31.0.1650.48) and during the dialog of that flying one eyed thing game knock my cpu down. It's gettings incredibly hot in few seconds and computer freezes.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:33 pm

@onur
Thanks for the info. that is really interesting. So I turned on the debugger for the game to see what was going on.

While watching the system the game fluctuates between 10% to 20%(not counting basic rendering). Once the Glitch loads it spends some time to load glitch into memory. This does boost the CPU usage up to about %55. Of course these values are only on my computer other computers will vary. It is interesting though that tests on my tablet run the game. I will look into this and see what can be for that hard spot to load the glitch.

Can I get a run down of your OS and system specs?
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:10 pm

ubuntu 12.04 on ASUS X55A laptop with Intel B980 proccesor 4gb ram and intel vga. BTW this is certificated as "Ubunutu Compatible" which means Ubuntu will work (mostly :)) without problem. Just ask if you need more details. I love to help to you and an adventure game of course.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:11 am

Do you have the details on the Intel GPU. Also driver version for your graphics chip. Also could you check to see if the game will run by way of FireFox(which I think is installed with Ubuntu).

B
S
G

Post » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:33 am

I'm glad to hear all the feedback =)

#Natal
We are going to kickstart the game to see if we can make the complete one and one of the stretch goals will defiantly be to get the whole game "speaking" and not doing blueish =)
B
S
G

Post » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:56 pm

Looking really good! Makes me want to make my own click and point adventure
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Creations