The Bluegill Life - Web and Android

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:37 pm

Check it out my first game with Construct.

market
https://play.google.com/store/search?q= ... ill%20life

web version
http://www.scirra.com/arcade/addicting- ... egill-life

Thanks Construct!

Screenshot_2014-04-11-20-37-58.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S

Post » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:26 pm

Menu artwork looks beautiful! Background image was a bit blurry here, or that's just the way it is?
Performance was good on my old android phone.
I'm guessing you didn't draw those fish sprites yourself? I think your game would look a lot better if you drew everything yourself. Also the fonts used looked a bit to plain for me, you should experiment with a bit more "fisherman" style font.
Also maybe you could change the way of dying a bit, set the hitbox to only the front of the mouth of the fish, because when you bump into it's fin now you die too.
All in all, I played it for a bit, like the concept, but I think you can do a lot better and more with it.
B
S

Post » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:55 pm

Dreqs,

Thanks for the coments.

So you would prefer art fish as opposed to real images? How come?

I like the idea of the fisherman font. I design learning objects for colleges and B&I clients and we always have to stay away from funky fonts to ensure easy readability. That was my reasoning there.

However i need to break that mentality for game design on my own.

I appreciate the comments and suggestions.

Josh
B
S

Post » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:05 pm

Hey,
I may have sounded a bit like an asshole, sorry for that.
But yeah I think selfmade art works a lot better in games. It's just the combination you used that I think doesnt work too well. (real high quality fish images + a low quality water background). If you prefer the real images, I suggest putting a little filter on them. So it's gives the illusion they're underwater, now they just look like fish pasted on a watery background.
I studied graphic design for a while, so I have to agree with what you said about fonts. But I think the font you used now is to 'safe', so I suggest trying some custom font because it will make your game look a lot more professional.
B
S

Post » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:14 pm

Nope not like an asshole at all....

Ill play with those filters good idea. I see what you mean about the art and images combo.

I do agree about the water background. I did rush this out to the market.
The excitement got the best of me.

Thanks for the conversation. I appreciate the feedback.
B
S

Return to Completed Creations