The D3DX DLL error

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:16 pm

OK, well I've changed the error message to:

[code:80qmsyg9]Your DirectX installation appears to be out of date. Please install the latest version of DirectX by clicking 'OK' in order to run this application. The required component, 'd3dx_30.dll', was not found.

[OK] [Cancel][/code:80qmsyg9]

We'll see how it works out.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:55 pm

Attan's way of thinking is great, provided there's a significant amount of details to be said. For this specific error, the only detail is the .dll. I'd say in just about any other case, Attan's way will probably be better.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:10 pm

About error messages: Ash, did you ad like easter-egg-error-messages?!? SuperV got one saying "Error: Construct has been updated.", and i just got one saying "Error: You require to open this file" when i was trying to open a file. Are these old error message that you put in long time ago, or do they actually mean something?
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:54 pm

"You require to open this file" is actually a bug, it's meant to have a plugin name substituted in, ie. "You require Plugin.csx to open this file". The other one is just a stray caption... I try not to put in silly error messages deliberately since they serve a genuine purpose and could end up really confusing people, but I think somewhere, somehow, there's code that says something about wormholes if things go seriously wrong ;)
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct Classic Discussion