The dreaded runtime error

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:50 pm

Ok, so I rolled back, deleted all my background objects, broke down all the individual parts into larger, but less chunks, and rebuilt my background from scratch..

On working a little more, I start to notice that objects are disappearing from the layout, and also whenever I try and delete a layout object, (which I stupidly used to create pause functionality) and save, the file becomes unusable..

it just seems my cap is on the brink of breaking every time I try and work on it??

can anyone help me out here???

I tried the disappearing object fixer again and got

---------------------------
Error
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 32, in <module>
AttributeError: CEffect instance has no attribute 'id'

OK
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:16 pm

does this fixer .cap file even work with or on CC R2 files??
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:00 pm

It's just a typo since i haven't used the utility with something that uses effects. In the lines that loop over the effects use "effectid" instead of "id".

When running it on your file the value it fixed doesn't look far off. It basically added one, so I don't know if it was the cause.

As far as the runtime errors you are using the "or" condition on your title screen. "or" causes runtime errors, especially when changing layouts, and shouldn't be used.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:16 am

I'm not using an "or" on the title screen at all...
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:52 pm

My mistake. It's the character select screen, event 32.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:57 am

ah ok! thanks so much for your assistance! my cap seems to be stable after the fix..But I am keeping on the lookout for any oddities..

I read that to reduce VRAM, you suggested :

"If you put most of your images on another layout the texture will only be loaded when you create an object. Unloading occurs when switching layouts or using the unload textures system action, just as long as there is no created sprites that are using it. "

Do you mean images set to global? .. Or something else?

also, is there a way of repeating a sprite as an instanced object that doesn't add image clones to VRAM?
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic