The Goat That Can Wipe Your Sadness Away

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:04 am

Your game needs better instructons what to do. How can i open the first door? Talking with the shadow, after shadow disappear i tried to open the door, couldn't find a solution and that's why i walked back and found this shadow again...
Playable games:
http://jamesxxxyz.newgrounds.com/
Newest: Blue and red arrows
Latest update: Blue and red arrows

What you want in C3?
viewtopic.php?f=146&t=122050

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLE7Ml ... /playlists
B
11
S
4
Posts: 281
Reputation: 1,543

Post » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:19 am

Beautiful animation! Love what you've done with this.
B
15
S
4
G
1
Posts: 286
Reputation: 1,988

Post » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:24 am

I started your game again over touchscreen but you want from me that i press spacebar? Maybe i touched the wrong selection. There is no way back to change this. Why you don't control where the input comes and start then keyboard or touchscreen mode?
Playable games:
http://jamesxxxyz.newgrounds.com/
Newest: Blue and red arrows
Latest update: Blue and red arrows

What you want in C3?
viewtopic.php?f=146&t=122050

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLE7Ml ... /playlists
B
11
S
4
Posts: 281
Reputation: 1,543

Post » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:55 pm

JamesXXXYZ wrote:Your game needs better instructons what to do. How can i open the first door? Talking with the shadow, after shadow disappear i tried to open the door, couldn't find a solution and that's why i walked back and found this shadow again...

@JamesXXXYZ You can combine the letters to make a word by clicking on them,
you can talk with the shadow and he'll tell you what is he looking for.
The door isn't the objective of the game but it can be open, there's a room behind that door,
There is another hint for you, the door is locked obviously you need something to unlock the door,
and the shadow he's in the mood of sad so, how can you help him out? :D
B
12
S
1
Posts: 84
Reputation: 1,487

Post » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:08 pm

JamesXXXYZ wrote:I started your game again over touchscreen but you want from me that i press spacebar? Maybe i touched the wrong selection. There is no way back to change this. Why you don't control where the input comes and start then keyboard or touchscreen mode?


@JamesXXXYZ
Yeah, james I agree with you.
I'm trying to find the best solution to detect the input from user, and C2 touch input can not separate between Touch and Pen-tablet input, That's why I asked them what input type are you going to play with.
Thank you so much man, I'll take every comment from you to improve my next game !
B
12
S
1
Posts: 84
Reputation: 1,487

Post » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:14 pm

lolpaca wrote:Beautiful animation! Love what you've done with this.

@lolpaca Thank you !
and man your game are amazing ! for real !
B
12
S
1
Posts: 84
Reputation: 1,487

Post » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:49 pm

You should name your game "the goat who can waste your time" (Android). Particle effect over a letter i run to it and tried to interact with it, effect dissapear and then it appear over another letter again, everytime the same. First time i thought that it is like a checkpoint race but after i played it on PC i realized that your game is buggy on android! Your loading screen is only the first time funny. Your touchfields at the begin should be larger (better for small tablets). This music fits to your game but it should be possible to turn it off.
Playable games:
http://jamesxxxyz.newgrounds.com/
Newest: Blue and red arrows
Latest update: Blue and red arrows

What you want in C3?
viewtopic.php?f=146&t=122050

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLE7Ml ... /playlists
B
11
S
4
Posts: 281
Reputation: 1,543

Post » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:20 am

JamesXXXYZ wrote:You should name your game "the goat who can waste your time" (Android). Particle effect over a letter i run to it and tried to interact with it, effect dissapear and then it appear over another letter again, everytime the same. First time i thought that it is like a checkpoint race but after i played it on PC i realized that your game is buggy on android! Your loading screen is only the first time funny. Your touchfields at the begin should be larger (better for small tablets). This music fits to your game but it should be possible to turn it off.

@JamesXXXYZ Wow, man I appreciate that you gave me a lot of information, love it! for real.
Only android platform that I had tested on is Galaxy S3, and it run very well, so I thought android platform might be okay for my game.
For the bug of the letter's particle, I never facing that bug before, and no reported of it as well, it would be great if you can record the video of that bug for me (honestly, If it is a major bug, I'll fix)
and because I appreciate for your reply, I will give you all 3 words that are working in my game.
1st H A P P Y this word is the objective of this short game.
2nd K E Y to unlock the door, you may not understand the meaning of the diamond,
because, at first this game is just use to be a message for Happy New Year to my college friends.
3rd N E W L E E yup!
Again, thank you, and I hope you don't mind if I want you to play my next game!
B
12
S
1
Posts: 84
Reputation: 1,487

Post » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:09 pm

I can't record on android. Did anyone told you, that they had finished your game? You should overwork your string it fits not so good to the music. you forgot to say that i shouldn't run upstairs after happy. 6. time wait so long. 1GB? Keyboard play tap anything to play? click or.

I found another bug. It stay on the air.
goat_bug.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Playable games:
http://jamesxxxyz.newgrounds.com/
Newest: Blue and red arrows
Latest update: Blue and red arrows

What you want in C3?
viewtopic.php?f=146&t=122050

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLE7Ml ... /playlists
B
11
S
4
Posts: 281
Reputation: 1,543

Post » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:19 am

JamesXXXYZ wrote:I can't record on android. Did anyone told you, that they had finished your game? You should overwork your string it fits not so good to the music. you forgot to say that i shouldn't run upstairs after happy. 6. time wait so long. 1GB? Keyboard play tap anything to play? click or.

I found another bug. It stay on the air.
goat_bug.jpg


@JamesXXXYZ
well, as far as I asked, everyone is finished my game.

Yup, there is a bug that will freeze the goat, but you can fix it by pressing R or tapping on the goat.

Why shouldn't you go upstair after happy? I don't get it. But if you go to the top of the hill (where the arrow is pointing to) after the shadow turned into the angel. It will run the ending sequence, and that is the real end of the game.

1 gb recommend, because, I have tested my game on iPad2 and mini which has 512mb of ram, and It crash. my game use about 200mb of ram, it contain 350 frames of hand drawn animation just for the goat, and a hundred of different 256x256 background sprites.

The loading screen, I'll make it skippable, by clicking anywhere.

Thank you james :D
B
12
S
1
Posts: 84
Reputation: 1,487

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Creations

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests