[u:136w2biz]Welcome to the "IT'S EASY!" Challenge, part 1 of 6.[/u:136w2biz]
Inspired from the "Oh it's easy, Construct can do anything that's in 2D" reply that I've seen a lot. I decided to create a few challenges, see just how 'easy' some things really are. I dunno, call it the virtual equivilant to Myth Busters, only with a much better looking host. Challenge #1 - The Maze
This is a maze. There is a mouse in the maze and it wants to get to its cheese but it doesn't know how. Can you help it? You must find a way to move the mouse from its starting point, through the maze until it finds the cheese.
1) You cannot directly control the mouse or guide it manually. It must be entirely event, behavior or script driven, with no human intervention required.
2) You may use any method (that does not break Rule #1) available within Construct to navigate the mouse to the cheese.
3) You must use this maze and cap provided, and build upon that, however your chosen method of navigating the mouse through the maze should work on any randomly generated maze of this style and not be tied just to this single layout (so no set waypoints).
4) You must post your cap and any files required but not an executable. This is so the results can benefit other users.
5) Replying with "Oh it's easy" is not allowed, unless you also follow rule #4 as given proof.
6) You cannot move the cheese from it's initial position in the maze, and the mouse must also start in it's initial position.
7) You cannot go through the walls, or teleport, or jump over, or remove the maze. In other words, no cheating!
The winning entry will be whoever comes up with the best or most elegant working solution to the problem. Challenge is open to everyone.End Date
Midnight December 10th 2009 (Eastern Time, US)