The "IT'S EASY!" challenge #5 - Fatality!

Post your Construct-made creations!

Post » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:09 pm

Ah, I didn't pay enough attention to notice that the file was only the .exe. Anyway, that's a great demo! Very smooth animation and motion, and the combo system is definitely something I'd like to know more about. Fine work so far!
B
G

Post » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:22 pm

No problem, I'll find the cap once I get home from work.

[quote="Madster":27cnocy2]Anyhoo, when you rely on animation frames for firing event, you have to be certain that none of those frames will be skipped, ever. Thus, find the minimum time between all frames and set your minimum framerate accordingly.[/quote:27cnocy2]

I think I based mine off frames which is probably a bad way to do it. If i would restart the project, I probably would use a variable with a timedelta timer that starts when you attack. If the timer is between a certain number and you hit attack again, then it goes into attack 2 and resets the timer. This way you aren't frame dependent and if you tweak animations you aren't changing design timings. I'm not sure if that would be the best method though. Looking forward to seeing if there are any other solutions.

[quote="toralord":27cnocy2]I would really love to see you finish this project. [/quote:27cnocy2]
Thanks! I'm still working on my current game, but possibly afterwards.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:39 pm

[quote="UberLou":ox8a1x7e]
[quote="toralord":ox8a1x7e]I would really love to see you finish this project. [/quote:ox8a1x7e]
Thanks! I'm still working on my current game current game, but possibly afterwards.[/quote:ox8a1x7e]

Yea, great game there. I am looking forward to playing that one too.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:30 am

Here are the files for my previous game. Hope it helps give ideas for the beat-em-up.

EXE
CAP

You'll also need this effect file:
Drop Shadow 2

Like I said, this game is old so the code is probably not the greatest and I'm not sure how well it plays with new versions of Construct. I did look through some of it and it is commented though. It also has buffered attacks so if you press attack before the current animation is supposed to cancel, it will still enter the next attack.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:08 am

UberLou thank you, It plays great on the newer version of construct just had to fix all of the controls. just playing the demo It has it dose you would want in a 2D fighter like street fight so I am looking forward to to going through the event sheets editor. :D
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:41 am

Thank you very much too, I'm sure I'll learn quite a bit from your example. Great thanks for sharing.
B
G

Previous

Return to Your Creations