The Ludei Cloud Compiler

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Basic Plugins for Firebase Authentication, Realtime-Database, Firestore, Cloud Storage
  • Hello everyone,

Today we have exciting news. Our Cloud Compiling System is available! If you want to try please read more info about It in this blog post. http://blog.ludei.com/ludei-cloud-compiler/. We hope you enjoy it! ;)

Thank you all for trying our technology!!!

• Awesome ludei,

Can you shine some light on how the pricing will be or work in 2013?

Will it be a one off payment or a monthly service etc.

• and tell us if we made an app and we want to update it , do we need to re-pay to publish it again or no ^^

i know you guys going to put a news about the prices but just let us know to relax and keep working ^^

• Awesome Ludei, trailblazing like Scirra!. Since we are on the subject, when can we expect to have ad intengration and IAP to monitize our games. Thanks....

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Great job Ludei.

HTML5 is a great platform.

I hope the prices for this in 2013 not so big, so indie game developer like me can be supported always. n.n

• I think a pricing structure similar to what C2 has would be great.

• Hello, I was reading the terms and conditions from ludei, and I spoted this:

License Grant.

By uploading any User Content via the Service, you expressly grant, and you represent and warrant that you have a right to grant, and do so grant, to Ludei a royalty-free, non-exclusive, worldwide license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, list information regarding, edit, translate, and make derivative works of all such User Content and your name, voice, and/or likeness as contained in your User Content, if applicable, in whole or in part, and in any form, media or technology, whether now known or hereafter developed, solely for use in connection with the Service.

By posting User Content to the Website, you expressly grant, and you represent and warrant that you have a right to grant, and do so grant, to Ludei a royalty-free, sublicensable, transferable, perpetual (for the duration of the applicable right), non-exclusive, worldwide license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, list information regarding, edit, translate, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, and make derivative works of all such User Content and your name, voice, and/or likeness as contained in your User Content, if applicable, in whole or in part, and in any form, media or technology, whether now known or hereafter developed, solely for use in connection with the Service. If you delete User Content, Ludei will use reasonable efforts to remove it from the Website, but you acknowledge that due to caching or references to the User Content, the User Content may remain available.

(emphasis mine)

Should I be worried?

• I know many companies often request a copy of the license for technical reasons (it needs a copy in order to compile it/move it around), as well as rights to all promotional material in order to make promotional videos and case studies, thus helping the platform grow, but a sublicensable, transferable, perpetual, non-exclusive license is a bit too much, don't you think?

On the other hand, it's perpetual only for the duration of applicable right, and only to be used in connection with the service - that is, if at any point you are unhappy with it, you may terminate said rights.

So, in my humble, uneducated opinion, I'd say you don't have anything to be worried about.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)