The new Cocoon beta - now open!

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sun May 31, 2015 2:32 pm

Egyptoon wrote:@ludei
1- should i add the cocoon plugin in C2 project + ATP or just ATP?
2- How to export from C2, as CocoonJS or html5 website?
3- How can i add the app icon and splash screen?
4- What plugins should i add in plugin section on cocoon.io website?!

1. The old plugin just in the old compiler. Use ATP plugins or any other plugin for Cordova. If they are adapted for C2 and Cordova 4.0.x they will work.
2. No, using cordova exporter. Delete the config.xml and let the cloud to create a default one. If using Canvas+, remove the whitelist plugin installed by default.
3. In the config.xml, it is written in the documentation: https://cocoon.io/doc/icons_and_splashes
4. The ones your project uses. If you used ATP for ads, search for them on the list and install them.

If there is a blank screen, there is an error somewhere. Please, use the dev app for debugging.
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 31, 2015 8:45 pm

"If using Canvas+, remove the whitelist plugin installed by default. "

Where is that?

- anyways looking forward to the new service!
Good luck with it, i've always used CocoonJS for perfomance.
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 31, 2015 9:00 pm

xanxion wrote:"If using Canvas+, remove the whitelist plugin installed by default. "

Where is that?

- anyways looking forward to the new service!
Good luck with it, i've always used CocoonJS for perfomance.

Plugins > Installed

and it should be listed there

Still not sure if there is really a performance increase compared to the previous version though..
B
S

Post » Sun May 31, 2015 9:04 pm

@ludei
Many thanks for your reply, I'll give it a try.
B
S

Post » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:39 am

@ludei
I can't install Game plugin for leaderboard and achievements

Error installing plugin: [email protected]

can you help me please?
B
S

Post » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:22 am

@ludei
unfortunately I can't compile using the new cocoon (the old one works for me without any problems) , I got black screen (after Cocoon's splash) every time for 16 APKs!
I can't figure out the cause of this error and it'll take forever to try every single possibility.
I think someone has to make a detailed tutorial for that showing the (1) C2 settings (2) plugins used for ads and GooglePlay services (Leaderboard and achievements) inside C2 , (3) Export process, (4) projects settings on Cocoon cloud compiler and (5) installing needed plugins and finally (6) updating the config.xml file with icons and splash screens (i don't know where to add those files in my project directory and where to add code lines inside the config.xml file)

And here is the big one:-
I compiled a developer app (1) takes a very long time to complete (2) huge APK file size (3) There is a problem parsing the package !!!!!!
I can't even install it !
B
S

Post » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:14 am

@Egyptoon

It's waiting mode....again :)
Cocoon is still in beta and you can't use all features, yet.
You can't use all plugins, there's a problem with cranberry plugins, but it's to be fixed. You can use C2 plugin from Ludei, but there are only ads and IAP so far. Than webGL, black screen and some other minor problems.
When all those bugs are gone, it'll be great and I'll migrate from Intel XDK to Cocoon, because performance and app size is great. Hopefully, major ones will be eliminated within this month.
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:55 am

@Noga
The hole concept is a big mess, html5 games on mobile phones is wasting of time.
Cocoon is the best for performance and APK size, but the best of the best is the native exporter, just try Buildbox software and make a test game using a lot of animations and physics, AMAZING performance! unbelievable!, but the software itself is far below C2, very limited and VERY VERY VERY expensive!
C2 + Native exporter for mobile will be the absolute perfect game maker ever.
Hope "Ashy" listen for one time and change his mind about that.
B
S

Post » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:03 am

Egyptoon wrote:@ludei
unfortunately I can't compile using the new cocoon (the old one works for me without any problems) , I got black screen (after Cocoon's splash) every time for 16 APKs!
I can't figure out the cause of this error and it'll take forever to try every single possibility.
I think someone has to make a detailed tutorial for that showing the (1) C2 settings (2) plugins used for ads and GooglePlay services (Leaderboard and achievements) inside C2 , (3) Export process, (4) projects settings on Cocoon cloud compiler and (5) installing needed plugins and finally (6) updating the config.xml file with icons and splash screens (i don't know where to add those files in my project directory and where to add code lines inside the config.xml file)

And here is the big one:-
I compiled a developer app (1) takes a very long time to complete (2) huge APK file size (3) There is a problem parsing the package !!!!!!
I can't even install it !

Please, could you use the feedback button to report everything? If you contact us through that form, all the team members will receive the message.
In addition, I don't know which plugins you are using and why the don't work if you don't send us the log. It is like going to the doctor and saying "Eh, I am sick. Heal me". We need to know the symptoms.

Btw, the problem with that plugin might be the version of cordova that plugin supports or that you didn't add the right parameters to the plugin configuration.
About tutorials, everything is written on the doc and there are even templates. It is required to upload a folder with all the icons and splashes and then to write the route of those icons in the config. We are improving it, but it is just a beta, and that is how it works by now.

If you added a plugin that is not well configured and you tried to compile a developer app, it might crash.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:39 am

@ludei

is it necessary to use ATP plugins (Ads + InApps) first in C2 project and also after exportation ? Or just one of these options is enough?

Concerning tutorials, you said that everything is written on the doc, maybe I am just stupid bude what did you mean by that? What doc?
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General