The Next Penelope (2D F-Zero / Ulysses 31)

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:22 pm

@Aurel @Ashley @ Tom

Why GameMaker and Fusion 2.5 show steam games created by them and construct 2 not? Quality games like the next penelope could have a Logo created with C2.
Playable games:
http://jamesxxxyz.newgrounds.com/
Newest: Blue and red arrows
Latest update: Blue and red arrows

What you want in C3?
viewtopic.php?f=146&t=122050

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLE7Ml ... /playlists
B
11
S
4
Posts: 281
Reputation: 1,543

Post » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:11 am

JamesXXXYZ wrote:@Aurel @Ashley @ Tom

Why GameMaker and Fusion 2.5 show steam games created by them and construct 2 not? Quality games like the next penelope could have a Logo created with C2.


Surely thats down to the dev to decide, especially if he has a Business licence. A forced splash screen might put some people off. You should be under no obligations to state in any form what software the game was made with, most players couldn't care less.
B
43
S
23
G
20
Posts: 735
Reputation: 12,027

Post » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:18 am

Absolutely love it - well done. Amazing that one person has made it.
B
4
S
1
G
3
Posts: 21
Reputation: 1,017

Post » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:40 pm

@JamesXXXYZ @Ethan @Ashley @Tom

Actually, I will add a C2 logo at start for the full release. For now, I'm using the bootscreen to display lastest updates and important messages for press, but adding it has always been my plan. We're talking about a lot of things lately on the forum, but I will always support Construct 2 every time I can.
So, yes, C2 logo at start there will be for the full release : )

@Mark Thanks a lot! I'm getting tons of feedback about the game for one week, and it really means something to me after these 2 years. People actually care about the game, and it's super heartwarming. I'm pretty happy now : )
Image | @AurelRegard on twitter
B
19
S
6
G
1
Posts: 307
Reputation: 2,500

Post » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:50 pm

Very few games get such high positive ratings (100%!!), so you're onto a winner when its released!

Beautiful creativity and talent to back it up. :D
B
70
S
24
G
19
Posts: 1,757
Reputation: 17,614

Post » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:10 am

Yeah, the ratings are kind of crazy. I guess a negative review will pop eventually, but for now, that 100% is fantastic : )

That said, just in case it could be useful to other devs, the "early access" tag REALLY hurts the sales. Even with the full solo mode already here.
They're pretty low for now. I hope the full release will score a bit better without this early access tag. It would be nice to be able to make another Steam game after Penelope!
Image | @AurelRegard on twitter
B
19
S
6
G
1
Posts: 307
Reputation: 2,500

Post » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:16 am

Well done Aurel, the game looks really good and I hope you do well.
ImageImage
B
119
S
23
G
7
Posts: 1,070
Reputation: 12,989

Post » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:33 am

Aurel wrote:Yeah, the ratings are kind of crazy. I guess a negative review will pop eventually, but for now, that 100% is fantastic : )

That said, just in case it could be useful to other devs, the "early access" tag REALLY hurts the sales. Even with the full solo mode already here.
They're pretty low for now. I hope the full release will score a bit better without this early access tag. It would be nice to be able to make another Steam game after Penelope!


Very few gamers now give Early Access a try, too many devs have crap on people's good will, so gamers have learnt to avoid EA.

When you release, it'll do very well, I am sure of it! :)
B
70
S
24
G
19
Posts: 1,757
Reputation: 17,614

Post » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:27 am

Great work here - very impressive and worthy of a lot of respect! I hope you make a well-deserved mint out of this venture!!
A big fan of JavaScript.
B
74
S
20
G
69
Posts: 2,208
Reputation: 43,838

Post » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:52 am

Colludium wrote:Great work here - very impressive and worthy of a lot of respect! I hope you make a well-deserved mint out of this venture!!


here, here...
B
81
S
32
G
23
Posts: 1,053
Reputation: 35,965

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Creations

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests